Saturday, March 4, 2023

Week 9 Review: The Stolen Throne

From Goodreads:
My twin sister is the true queen of Aryd. She survives, hiding and clinging to life in the desert, while I reign as the false queen alongside the monstrous King Eidolon. There's only one escape from this gilded prison: Reven. My Shadowraith. My heart. Only the shadows that he struggles to control are growing more sinister, more powerful.

It's just a matter of time before they turn on him…and on me.

Even escape doesn't mean true freedom, though, when we're still on the run from Eidolon's unstoppable armies. And when we discover there’s a traitor among us, I have no choice…I must become the queen I was never meant to be.

Because as one evil hunts me, the other loves me more than himself.

And my fate lies with both.

My Review:
Oh, I loved reading this book! After I finished the first one, I immediately wanted to pick up this one. I couldn't because of the way my brain works with reviews and such, but I picked it up as soon as I could, and I just couldn't put it down, it was so fantastic!

The way the first book ended had me dying to pick this one up! I did think that the beginning, where she was basically held captive by Eidolon would last longer, but this is a big book, and a lot happens, and I couldn't put it down!

We learn a lot about the history of this world with the Goddesses-and about Eidolon's motives. We don't have the full story yet, but we had enough for some things to go down. And oh, they were action packed and tense to read! 

That ending? Oh man, that was another brutal ending! I don't know where things are going to go from here, but that hurt! Of all that was revealed, what was learned, and choices that were made, it was intense and another devastating cliffhanger ending! 

I loved reading this book, and I can't wait to read the 3 (and final?) book! 

Author: Abigail Owen
Series: Dominion #2
Read: March 2nd, 2023
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Entangled: Teen
Expected Publication: May 2nd 2023
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!