Saturday, July 1, 2023

Week 26 Review: Fragile Eternity

Noli and her true love V fear the worst if the Staff of Eris—a potent Otherworld relic—falls into the wrong hands. Broken into pieces and hidden in the mortal realm long ago, the staff bestows vast powers on whoever possesses it. Ciarán, the dark king, is trying to rebuild the staff, intending to use it to install a new queen.

In a desperate effort to keep the Otherworld from falling into darkness, Noli and V plot the daring theft of a jewel Ciarán needs to complete the staff. But Ciarán is not so easily defeated. Through his devious machinations, he has set a plan in motion for a final showdown that will decide who rules the Otherworld once and for all.

My Review:
I absolutely loved reading this book! I'm so glad that I reread the first two books before picking this one up, otherwise I would've been so confused and my reading experience would've been much worse, which would've been a shame, since I've loved this series from the beginning.

It was so great to have Noli and V together, even if they are having some communication and trust issues. They're still pretty new to the whole romance with one another, and they have been apart for a while, so it's understandable, and great to see them work through these issues on page.

The whole plot with the staff was really interesting to read, because boy, were there a lot of schemes and plots surrounding it and why to use it, with leadership of the Otherworld top priority, and I loved watching that go down! 

The ending was a bit open ended, which was both good and bad. It leaves open the possibility of there being more stories to be told in the future. But it came out in 2014, and there's no news of any further book, and at this point, it's unlikely to get one. I'll always wish for more, but I'm happy where we left them.

This was a really fantastic read and I loved how it wrapped up the series! 

Author: Suzanne Lazear
Series: The Aether Chronicles #3
Read: June 29th, 2023
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a End of Series 2023 Book, Historical Fiction 2023 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book, WoW Book and a WTC Book!
Publisher: Flux
Published: August 8th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books

5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!