Saturday, July 1, 2023

Week 26 Reviews: Lord Mettlebright's Man, Suuzu and the Nine Nippets of Legend


From Goodreads:
Jacques Smythe brazens his way into Stately House and shows no sign of departing. Like it or not, Lord Mettlebright has himself a butler.

Unique format! A story in 100-word chapters that was originally serialized on forthright’s blog, beginning in 2018. Set behind the scenes of the Amaranthine Saga, Jacques' story begins immediately after the events of Bk1: Tsumiko and the Enslaved Fox and concludes with the events leading up to Bk4: Mikoto and the Reaver Village. Slice-of-life. Family.

From Goodreads:
He's more accustomed to speaking for others than speaking up for himself.
Stranded at Stately House, Suuzu Farroost is restless and fretful and lonesome for Akira. Waiting is a misery, and all he has to hold onto is the memory of a fleeting kiss, a circlet of nippet eggs, and one very stubborn, very outspoken valet. To keep him from wallowing, Suuzu's friends find ways to distract him, and as one story leads to another, the phoenix learns about the special place nippets hold in avian lore, especially where courtship is concerned.

*A short story set immediately after the events of Bk5: Fumiko and the Finicky Nestmate.

My Review:
I had such a great time reading these books! I'd been reading Lord Mettlebright's Man on and off since my 2nd or 3rd reread of the series, and I was excited to see what the story would be like, if it would be exactly what was in the posts, or if she would expand upon it. And then of course I needed to read Suuzu's story! 

We met Jacques in the first book, and he wasn't the most likeable character, but he was the best of those that they visited in England, so it was great to have this story, of him finding a place in Stately House, a home, where he is loved, but that he's still missing something. 

One thing that I loved about Lord Mettlebright's Man, was that it gave us a deeper look at these characters, in these short moments, ones that if they took place during the full length books, they might not have featured. So I loved getting that understanding, and time with these characters! And that it spanned over this span of time, seeing all the developments and romances, was so great! 

Suuzu, man, I've been waiting for something romantic between him and Akira since the first book. They got to a pretty great point just before this story, but then Akira is needed for the mission. I loved watching how Suuzu spend him time while he was waiting, and what he learned! 

It was so great to read these stories and I can't wait to read more in this world! And I'm especially excited for book 7, after what happened in book 6 for these characters! 

Author: Forthright
Series: Amaranthine Interludes #1, 2
Read: June 26th, 26th, 2023
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this world, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Books! 
Publisher: Twinkle Press
Published: June 4th 2023, May 4th 2023

Lord Mettlebright's Man:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Suuzu and the Nine Nippets of Legend:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!