Saturday, October 31, 2015

Week 44 Review: Say What You Will

From Goodreads:
John Green's The Fault in Our Stars meets Rainbow Rowell's Eleanor & Park in this beautifully written, incredibly honest, and emotionally poignant novel. Cammie McGovern's insightful young adult debut is a heartfelt and heartbreaking story about how we can all feel lost until we find someone who loves us because of our faults, not in spite of them.

Born with cerebral palsy, Amy can't walk without a walker, talk without a voice box, or even fully control her facial expressions. Plagued by obsessive-compulsive disorder, Matthew is consumed with repeated thoughts, neurotic rituals, and crippling fear. Both in desperate need of someone to help them reach out to the world, Amy and Matthew are more alike than either ever realized.

When Amy decides to hire student aides to help her in her senior year at Coral Hills High School, these two teens are thrust into each other's lives. As they begin to spend time with each other, what started as a blossoming friendship eventually grows into something neither expected.

My Review:
This book was really fantastic. I really enjoyed the back and forth between Amy and Matthew. They both had their issues, and while Amy's was more noticeable, people knew about Matthew's. It was just a really great story!

These were characters that I wanted to read about, Amy isn't someone that you hear about every day! So it was really interesting to watch her with the rest of the world, especially with Matthew, because they had a really great connection!

Amy's mom, I was conflicted. She was a really good parent, she cared for her daughter-she just wasn't right all the time. But she's human, she makes mistakes, as well as a parent, and teenager is the age when conflict really happens!

I really enjoyed the ending! That she gave up her baby, that was hard. But it wasn't mentioned-or I read too fast-what type of adoption it was, and what terms they had, so there is the possibility that Amy-and Matthew-could see her again!

Really, really great book, so fun and so great, and I'm so glad that I read it!

Author: Camie McGovern
Read: October 29th, 2015
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: It looked like a really great book, and it's a DAC Book and a SAC 2015 Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: June 3rd 2014
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!