Saturday, October 31, 2015

Week 44 Review: The Clockwork Scarab

From Goodreads:
Evaline Stoker and Mina Holmes never meant to get into the family business. But when you're the sister of Bram and the niece of Sherlock, vampire hunting and mystery solving are in your blood. And when two society girls go missing, there's no one more qualified to investigate.

Now fierce Evaline and logical Mina must resolve their rivalry, navigate the advances of not just one but three mysterious gentlemen, and solve murder with only one clue: a strange Egyptian scarab. The stakes are high. If Stoker and Holmes don't unravel why the belles of London society are in such danger, they'll become the next victims.

My first review of The Clockwork Scarab
My Review:
Oh, man, it was just so freaking great to be able to reread this book! Just so enjoyable, just so good, and it was great to go on this journey again with these characters! Just the freaking best thing ever! And yeah that I get to keep on reading this series!

I had kinda forgotten what had gone on in this book, the little things. So yeah, reading it again brought everything back for me, and at the same time, was like a brand new adventure, and that was just perfect! I loved that feeling of deja vu, that I was thinking that there had to be a connection between Mina Holmes, and the Mina in Dracula, and then it happened again!

Again the whole idea of having the niece of an author's creation, and the sister of an author in one world, yeah, that's pretty darned awesome! Just so unique and that's just what I love so much! And with everything else that was going on, yeah, it just came together so well!

Loved that mystery, all the clues, and the maybes, mixed in with the romance, all those possibilities, as well as the ingenuity of the author in the above, just made for such an entertaining book that yeah, I just loved!

Really enjoyed this book, so, so much! And yeah, can't wait to read more of this series!

Author: Colleen Gleason
Series: Stoker & Holmes #1
First Read: December 29th, 2013
Read: October 25th, 2015
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Historical Fiction 2015 Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book!
Publisher: Chronicle Books
Published: September 17th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!