Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Years!!! 2021 Version

And that's another year done. Finally! 2020 has been a pretty sucky year for the world, what with the stress of all the big things happening in the world, like Covid, Black Lives Matter, and the 2020 Presidential Election. And I'm just glad that it's over. 

Though I did get a good amount of reading done. Personally, there were no real highs or lows. Well, Dobby had his 3rd cancer surgery in the same spot in August, so that was a bit stressful. But also good, because the vet said the way that he came out of the anesthetic said he was in good health, or something positive, since I didn't hear it myself, and this was months ago now. But this was great news for the old man-he turns 13 in March. And I realized this year, that if Dobby makes it to February 2022, then he'll be as old as I was when we got him. And that's just wild, and I'm really hoping he does! 

So I do have about the same goals that I always do, but this year, I did think of one or two more, so here they are!

1. Like the past 8 years now, wow, just read. Reading is my love and passion, so any book that I want to read, I will try to, even if it takes years to get around to it! I read over 800 books for 2 of the last years, and then about 500 in the other two, and 700 than 600 for 2 years, 560 last year. I did read more this year at 658. But my goal for this year is again 400! Though officially for Goodreads, it's 365 yet again! I'll only change if if the year is 366. 

2. Blog regularly. Reviews will be a subset. I mean posts, having them up on time, in finished form, not the form of the meme, without the actual content of the day. Finished on a pretty good note with this, I was pretty consistent this year regarding meme posts! And I even had the form of the meme posts for 2021 done by mid-December, so that was a bit early again, I even started the last week of November, and less work now!

2. A. Reviews. My goal is still for them to just stay current, trying to write the review of the book, the day that I finish the book. That way, my thoughts are nice and new, and I don't have to struggle to remember some character, or some important part of the plot, or funny little details! I did fall behind in 2020, so I'm going to have to take care that I don't again.

2. B. ARC's. I get ARC's from Edelweiss and NetGalley, and I have for a while. And NetGalley recommends a review written to ARC's requested percentage of 80%. So I'm going to make it a goal of mine to hit that, and once I do, to keep it consistent. For Edewleiss, that is currently 71 books. And for  NetGalley, that's about 50 books, on top of any new ones that I request and don't read right away. So I'm a bit nervous for this, but yeah, a new goal for this year! 

2. C. Catch Up on Authors. One thing that I found pleasing near the end of this year, was that I had caught up on authors. And I started this year, doing a stat's post, and I added this in. But what this means is that I read all the books by an author (that I'm interested in) that have been published. I don't know how many authors I'll have this for (since I'm fairly current on my favourite authors, though there's a few exceptions.) One author for 2021 that I want to do this for is Rachel Caine, an author that we lost too early. But I think each year I'll have a primary focus on one author, while still trying to catch up on others. 

3. Take care of my health. This has a few prongs, from losing weight, which I know is a pretty staple new years resolution, but I've never made it, stopped, and started again. I started my journey September 2018 and have been working steadily on it since then. This year I stagnated, going back and forth with the same 15 or so pounds, which was frustrating, but I'm determined to continue. It means eating pretty healthy, it means exercising, it means drinking lots of water, and it means sleeping a good number of hours. It also means taking care of my skin, which I did start this up at the end of the year, though not as through as the first time, so hopefully I'll continue.

These are almost the same goals, with a few tweaks for this year. But I did add a few prongs this year, which I'm happy about! 

What are your guys' goals for 2021? Hope you make them, and made last years! Here's to a great new year! Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!