Saturday, July 3, 2021

Week 26 Review: Blood and Chocolate

From Goodreads:
Vivian Gandillon relishes the change, the sweet, fierce ache that carries her from girl to wolf. At sixteen, she is beautiful and strong, and all the young wolves are on her tail. But Vivian still grieves for her dead father; her pack remains leaderless and in disarray, and she feels lost in the suburbs of Maryland. She longs for a normal life. But what is normal for a werewolf?

Then Vivian falls in love with a human, a meat-boy. Aiden is kind and gentle, a welcome relief from the squabbling pack. He's fascinated by magic, and Vivian longs to reveal herself to him. Surely he would understand her and delight in the wonder of her dual nature, not fear her as an ordinary human would.

Vivian's divided loyalties are strained further when a brutal murder threatens to expose the pack. Moving between two worlds, she does not seem to belong in either. What is she really—human or beast? Which tastes sweeter—blood or chocolate?

My first review of Blood and Chocolate
My second review of Blood and Chocolate
My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book! Again! I was planning on rereading it a couple of years back, but never actually got around to picking it up beyond the first chapter. But I finally managed to, and I just loved it again so much!

Bah, I really dislike Aiden sometimes. He really gave the signals that he'd be OK with her being a werewolf. But he was just too much of a coward to accept that they were real, that she was a part of that world. And telling his friends lies as to what happened, getting together with Kelly right after? Those were the actions of someone who I really don't like! 

I had forgotten what had really happened with the murders. I was wondering if Vivian had done them, though I didn't think she did. Though there were a few tense moments! But I loved that final showdown! So dramatic and amazing to read!

I think, as always, that I want more! I wish that the ending was longer! I'm a bit vindictive, I want that show off her her and Gabriel's relationship to Kelly, and I also want to just see more them and having them together, I want to see them at the new property! I want to see them both lead, darn it! Either another epilogue, or more ideally, another book! That'd be fantastic!

I love this book, it's such a great read, and I'll probably never watch the movie!

Author: Annette Curtis Klause
First Read: July 19th, 2012
Second Read: August 22nd, 2013
Read: June 27th, 2021
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading again! And it's a SAC 2021 Book!
Publisher: Laurel Leaf
Published: August 11th 1997
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!