Saturday, July 3, 2021

Week 26 Review: The Wicked & the Dead

From Goodreads:
In near-future New Orleans, Draugar, again-walkers, are faster and stronger than most humans, but not venomous until they are a century old. Until then, they shamble and bite. Since not everyone wants to see their relatives end up that way, Geneviève Crowe makes her living beheading the dead.

But now, her magic's gone sideways, and the only person strong enough to help her is the one man who could tempt her to think about picket fences: Eli Stonecroft, a faery who chose to be a bar-owner in New Orleans rather than live in Elphame.

Then human businessmen start turning up as draugar.

Suddenly, the queen of the again-walkers and the wealthy son of one of the victims, both hire Geneviève to figure it out. She works to keep her magic in check, the dead from crawling out of their graves, and enough money for a future that might be a lotlonger than she'd like. Neither her heart nor her life are safe now that she's juggling a faery prince, murder, and magic. 

My Review:
Wow, I just devoured this book! And from my want of more of this series, I think I'll continue to devour it! I love the world and these characters and their stories, and of course I enjoyed the writing! I had a blast reading this book, and I need to know what's going to happen next now! 

Geneviève is such a great character to read about! She's in a unique position in the world, with a witch mother, and her dad being who and what he was, gives her very interesting genetics and powers. And gives her the qualifications for a very specialized position.

I love how the bargains played a part in this book! It is the name of the series, but I didn't know how it would tie in. But oh, boy, did it tie in, because there are a number of important bargains that she makes with Eli, that drastically change the course of her life! And I can't wait to see where things go from here! She's so far off course of what she said she wanted and didn't want, and I need to know how far away she's going to get, and how quickly! 

This was such a quick and easy read and I devoured it. And I have to know what's going to happen next to these characters, the threats that they'll face and hopefully the love and Geneviève and Eli will share! I can't wait to find out! 

This was a fantastic read, and I need to continue with the rest of the series now!

Author: Melissa Marr
Series: Faery Bargains #1
Read: July 2nd, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing and it sounded really great, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book!
Publisher: Melissa Marr
Published: September 2nd 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!