Saturday, July 3, 2021

Week 26 Reviews: Bloodwitch, Witchshadow


From Goodreads:
Susan Dennard's New York Times bestselling, young adult epic fantasy Witchlands series continues with the story of the Bloodwitch Aeduan.

Aeduan has teamed up with the Threadwitch Iseult and the magical girl Owl to stop a bloodthirsty horde of raiders preparing to destroy a monastery that holds more than just faith. But to do so, he must confront his own father, and his past.

Susan Dennard's New York Times bestselling, young adult epic fantasy Witchlands series continues with Witchshadow, the story of the Threadwitch Iseult.

War has come to the Witchlands . . . and nothing will be the same again.

Iseult has found her heartsister Safi at last, but their reunion is brief. For Iseult to stay alive, she must flee Cartorra while Safi remains. And though Iseult has plans to save her friend, they will require her to summon magic more dangerous than anything she has ever faced before.

Meanwhile, the Bloodwitch Aeduan is beset by forces he cannot understand. And Vivia—rightful queen of Nubrevna—finds herself without a crown or home.

As villains from legend reawaken across the Witchlands, only the mythical Cahr Awen can stop the gathering war. Iseult could embrace this power and heal the land, but first she must choose on which side of the shadows her destiny will lie.

My Review:
I loved reading these books! I love her writing, and I love this series, and these books sounded utterly fantastic, and they were! And it has me so excited for the 5th, and I think final, book in this series! We got Aeduan's focused book, and then Iseult's book! 

Things are getting more and more intense! With the background of Sightwitch, and everything that's been happening, the bigger picture is becoming more and more clearer. What we learn about Aeduan and his past in this book has me so excited for what's to come! 

I'm subscribed to Susan Dennard's newsletter, so I watched the process as she wrote Witchshadow, and all that she talked about it. And it was rough, but when the choices she made ultimately ended up being what happened, well, I was glad that I knew the story, because it was a tad be confusing at first, I can't imagine what it'd be like if you didn't have that background.

Witchshadow is the darkest in the series thus far. After all that they've been through, the stakes have been raised, and the threats are high, and I loved it! I couldn't put it down, and I had to know what was going to happen next. And wow, it was such a great story! 

Loved reading these books, and I can't wait for more! 

Author: Susan Dennard
Series: The Witchlands #3, 4
Read: June 30th, July 1st, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her books and this series and I was dying to read more! And they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Books, and Witchshadow is a WoW Book!
Publisher: Tor Teen
Published: February 12th 2019, June 24th 2021

Bloodwitch:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Witchshadow:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!