Saturday, July 10, 2021

Week 27 Review: Any Way the Wind Blows

From Goodreads:
In Carry On, Simon Snow and his friends realized that everything they thought they understood about the world might be wrong. And in Wayward Son, they wondered whether everything they understood about themselves might be wrong.

In Any Way the Wind Blows, Simon and Baz and Penelope and Agatha have to decide how to move forward.

For Simon, that means deciding whether he still wants to be part of the World of Mages -- and if he doesn't, what does that mean for his relationship with Baz? Meanwhile Baz is bouncing between two family crises and not finding any time to talk to anyone about his newfound vampire knowledge. Penelope would love to help, but she's smuggled an American Normal into London, and now she isn't sure what to do with him. And Agatha? Well, Agatha Wellbelove has had enough.

Any Way the Wind Blows takes the gang back to England, back to Watford, and back to their families for their longest and most emotionally wrenching adventure yet.

This book is a finale. It tells secrets and answers questions and lays ghosts to rest.

Carry On was conceived as a book about Chosen One stories; Any Way the Wind Blows is an ending about endings. About catharsis and closure, and how we choose to move on from the traumas and triumphs that try to define us. 

My Review:
Yeah, wow, I loved reading this book! After the ending of Wayward Son, I was dying for this book! I wanted to know what was going to happen to the characters, and they really didn't seem to be in a good space, so I was worried for them! And I was right to be worried! 

My main focus from the previous book was Simon and Baz. And boy did they worry me for most of this book! There were some really intense scenes, and I'm really glad that they got to talk it out! Though it wasn't helped by the family problems that Baz was facing! But I loved how it tied everything together from the first book, which was really fantastic! I hope we get tie in with the 2nd book in the future! 

I really enjoyed the developments with Shepard, because he is in England. We learned more about the curse on him, because he knows mores then what he said, and that was a fun time for me to learn and not so fun for Penny to discover!

This isn't the last book in the series, I read in a interview Rainbow Rowell did. She's said that she won't close the door on Simon and Baz, but that this is a closure of a lot of the plot lines that have come up in these 3 books. And that's pretty accurate, though I do have a question or two, about Simon, after what happened in this book (and what was mentioned in Wayward Son about the whole becoming a dragon thing!) But yeah, I'm so excited that we could very well likely get more Simon and Baz! Squee! 

This was such a great read, it was a great finale, and I absolutely loved reading it! 

Author: Rainbow Rowell
Series: Simon Snow #3
Read: July 7th, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing and the series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge Book 2021 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Wednesday Books
Published: July 6th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!