Saturday, September 4, 2021

Week 35 Review: The Storm

From Goodreads:
"I'll tell you a weird thing about apocalypses - a thing I didn't even know until I was in one: they seem pretty bad, don't they? Well, take it from me: they can always get worse."

Three months after the killer rain first fell, Ruby is beginning to realise her father might be dead . . . and that she cannot survive alone. When a chance encounter lands her back in the army camp, Ruby thinks she is safe - at a price. Being forced to live with Darius Spratt is bad enough, but if Ruby wants to stay she must keep her eyes - and her mouth - shut. It's not going to happen. When she realizes what is going on - the army is trying to find a cure by experimenting on human subjects - Ruby flips out . . . and makes an even more shocking discovery: she's not useless at all. The Storm begins . . . 

My Review:
Man, this was such a fantastic read! I loved reading the first book, and I was really excited to be back in this world! And boy, it was such a great read! Things were still pretty bad at the end of the first book, and I had to know what was going to happen next! 

I just love the way that this book is told! Ruby's writing in a journal, and she's writing to whomever picks it up, and that's us. So there's moments where she's talking straight at us, and it was such a great choice for this series! 

Oh, and Darius! I loved her interactions with him, they had a particular relationship, and I loved watching it develop! He was a really great character to read about, espcailly his interactions with Ruby, and the love that they grew to share! 

The science stuff in this book was pretty interesting as well. I have no idea how it'd work, but it seemed logical from my view point. And of course things went down a certain way, and the ending was really entertaining. I would love to have a bit more, to see how the world is doing after everything that happened! 

This was a fantastic read, and I can't wait to read more by Virginia Bergin! 

Author: Virginia Bergin
Series: The Rain #2
Read: August 29th, 2021
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a 2021 Dystopia Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book, Sophomore Challenge Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Published: October 6th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!