Saturday, September 4, 2021

Week 35 Reviews: Dark Breaks the Dawn, Bright Burns the Night


On her eighteenth birthday, Princess Evelayn of Eadrolan, the Light Kingdom, can finally access the full range of her magical powers. The light looks brighter, the air is sharper, and the energy she can draw when fighting feels almost limitless.

But while her mother, the queen, remains busy at the war front, in the Dark Kingdom of Dorjhalon, the corrupt king is plotting. King Bain wants control of both kingdoms, and his plan will fling Evelayn onto the throne much sooner than she expected.

In order to defeat Bain and his sons, Evelayn will quickly have to come into her ability to shapeshift, and rely on the alluring Lord Tanvir. But not everyone is what they seem, and the balance between the Light and Dark comes at a steep price. 

From Goodreads:
The conclusion to critically acclaimed author Sara B. Larson's haunting and romantic reimagining of Swan Lake, a YA duology packed with action, betrayal, romance, and twists.

Ten years ago, King Lorcan of the Dark Kingdom Dorjhalon defeated Queen Evelayn and cut her conduit stone from her. Since then, he has kept her trapped in her swan form. With the loss of balance between Dark and Light, winter has descended and the Draíolon of Éadrolan lose more power every day. But once a year, Lorcan transforms her back to her Draíolon form and offers a truce. And every year Evelayn refuses -- for he requires her to Bind herself to him for life.

But now, with an Ancient power bearing down upon them, everything may change. Evelayn will learn that the truths she once believed have shattered, and that she may need her enemies even more than her allies. Lorcan and Evelayn become partners in a desperate quest to return the balance of power to Lachalonia. How far will this partnership go? Can friendship -- perhaps even love -- bloom where hatred has taken root ? Sara B. Larson delivers a thrillingly romantic and hauntingly satisfying end to this extraordinary duology.

My Review
:
I loved reading these books! It did take me a few tries to get into them, but once I got in, I just devoured the both of them! I really enjoyed how the first book was pretty light with some difficult topics-and that the second book was darker, but maybe things weren't what they seemed!

These books weren't what I expected. I mean, warring kingdoms, magic, and politics, but there were some wicked twisted, and sent this series in an intriguing direction! I had to know why things were going that way, and whether or not to root for them!

Evalayn goes through the wringer in this book, with her powers, with her responsibilities, and with the loss that she endures. And then there's Lorcan, I didn't know what to think about him besides the fact that he was in a terrible place. But wow did these books take them on a journey! Loved where they ended up! 

I'm glad that I was able to read these two back to back, because that ending of Dark Breaks the Dawn was just so evil, so many twists and turns. The way things were left, I just had to pick up Bright Burns the Dawn right away, which was killer in a different way!

I had a really great time reading these books, and I can't wait to read more by Sara B. Larson! 

Author: Sara B. Larson
Series: Dark Breaks the Dawn Duology #1, 2
Read: September 2nd, 2nd, 2021
Source: Library
Reason Why: Love her books, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Books, RR Books and WoW Books! And Bright Burns the Night is a End of Series 2021 Book!
Publisher: Scholastic
Published: May 30th 2017, May 29th 2018

Dark Breaks the Dawn: 
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Bright Burns the Night:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!