Saturday, January 8, 2022

Week 1 Review: Miss Moriarty, I Presume?

From Goodreads:
Charlotte Holmes comes face to face with her enemy when Moriarty turns to her in his hour of need, in the USA Today bestselling series set in Victorian England.

A most unexpected client shows up at Charlotte Holmes's doorstep: Moriarty himself. Moriarty fears that tragedy has befallen his daughter and wants Charlotte to find out the truth.

Charlotte and Mrs. Watson travel to a remote community of occult practitioners where Moriarty's daughter was last seen, a place full of lies and liars. Meanwhile, Charlotte's sister Livia tries to make sense of a mysterious message from her beau Mr. Marbleton. And Charlotte's longtime friend and ally Lord Ingram at last turns his seductive prowess on Charlotte--or is it the other way around?

But the more secrets Charlotte unravels about Miss Moriarty's disappearance, the more she wonders why Moriarty has entrusted this delicate matter to her of all people. Is it merely to test Charlotte's skills as an investigator, or has the man of shadows trapped her in a nest of vipers?

My Review:
I loved reading this book! I love this series so much, and this book is focused on Miss Moriarty, and whether or not something is up with her. And given that it was Moriarty who sent Charlotte and the gang on this mission, things are pretty precarious, and I loved it! 

The mystery of Miss Moriarty was an intriguing one, given that she's in a reclusive community, where the people who are spying on her have only heard, not seen her, in 3 months. And then things start picking up (did we ever discover who had set things in motion there?) and wow, was it a ride from there! 

The romance between Charlotte and Lord Ingram takes an interesting turn, there is so much flirting int this book, but there are reservations, of that they want and need different things, and how that could hurt this relationship in the future. But there is hope, and I just loved that! 

I think my favourite part of this book was when it was revealed how and what Charlotte (and Miss Moriarty, frankly) pulled off. That they were underestimated because they were females was awful, but it was useful! But I can't wait to see how things are going to progress from here, because the tension is mounting! 

This was such a fantastic read, I loved it so much, and I can't wait for the sequel! 

Author: Sherry Thomas
Series: Lady Sherlock #6
Read: January 2nd, 2021 
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Historical Fiction 2022 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Berkley Books
Published: November 2nd 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!