Saturday, January 8, 2022

Week 1 Review: A Relative Murder

From Goodreads:
Even the closest families have secrets hidden away.

Bestselling novelist Sara Medlar is skilled at sharing stories about other people, but she hoped the truth about her own family would never surface. Her home in Lachlan, Florida, is her refuge and she loves having her niece Kate and dear friend Jack Wyatt together under her roof. The Medlar Three, as they are known around town, have sworn off getting involved in any more murder investigations.

When the sheriff unexpectedly leaves on vacation, Jack is surprised to find himself appointed as deputy. So when Kate stumbles upon a dead body while visiting a friend, the Medlar Three are back in the sleuthing game. Kate also has a charming new real estate client with a mysterious past. He seems to be followed by trouble and that makes Sara and Jack uneasy.

It doesn't take long to discover that the murder and the new man in town are somehow related—the question is how. When the stranger's true identity is revealed, Sara realizes her carefully crafted story is about to unravel and she fears she'll lose Kate and Jack forever. But she desperately hopes that love and honesty will win out over years of lies and deceit. And besides, family is family—even if you sometimes want to kill them.

My Review:
This was such a fantastic read! I wasn't sure if the series was over or not, because I mean Lachlan is such a small town, and the last book had a mystery not set there, but this was a perfect book, because it gave us answers that we've been wanting since the first book! 

Who that person is, that's pretty important, and this whole books revolves around him and the secrets that he keeps, and the ones that are kept from him, that he's looking into. And I loved all these new details, it was such a fantastic story! There were so many developments!

One of the running gag almost, that Sara would pay for a house in Italy, if Kate and Jack got married. And it was half in jest, half real, and I really enjoyed it! It was a bit of lightness in the midst of all this murder and mayhem!

I don't know if this is the last book in the series or not. Like I thought from the 3rd book, things do wrap up quite nicely, and now that all these answers from this book have been achieved, I don't know if there's any more murder this small town can have-but there could be more, and I'd love that, have more time with the Medlar Three! 

Loved reading this book so much, and if there's more, I'd love that! 

Author: Jude Deveraux
Series: A Medlar Mystery #4
Read: January 3rd, 2022
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: MIRA
Expected Publication: March 29th 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!