Saturday, May 14, 2022

Week 19 Review: Wolf in the Shadows

From Goodreads:
The latest book in Maria Vale's award-winning Legend of All Wolves series is packed with all the action and heat you've come to expect!

A wolf shifter hero with a haunted past
A shifter heroine with a lot to learn about being part of the Pack
Dark secrets that could destroy everything they love
Fantasy-level world building and epic romance-the new werewolf standard

Shifter Julia Martel has been spoiled and pampered by all the alpha males around her whose urge to protect her have left her uninformed and vulnerable. Now the Great North Pack has relegated Julia to the care of the wolf at the very bottom of the Pack hierarchy, Arthur Graysson. Julia wants nothing to do with the Pack, except to escape back to her life of luxury and idleness, but the more time she spends with Arthur, the more she learns about the Pack, the dark secrets Arthur carries with him, and the fierceness within herself that could save them all...

My Review:
This was such a great read! I really enjoyed getting Julia and Arthur's story! I just love this world, and it makes me a little sad, because according to the author's note after Wonderland in Shifters and Mistletoe, this is the final book in the series. I enjoy it so much, and it's a little sad to say goodbye to these characters and this world!

This book does run parallel with Season of the Wolf, though it continues on after that one finishes, because both Julia and Constantine are taken in by the Pack at the same time. And it was a little strange, because it's been a minute since I read Season of the Wolf, but once I got through the weirdness in my brain, it was really great! Though it does have a brief beginning of what was to come.

Arthur does add something interesting to this world, because of who and what he is, the rage that he has to keep contained. I mean, her journey is bigger, but that doesn't make his any less important, and I'm really glad that they found their happiness, even after his attempts at giving her a choice.

I thought it was really clever what Julia did, with her aunt. It killed two birds with one stone, the threat of her aunt, and the threat of hunters after Varya. Just more proof that she was fitting in, not afraid to be brutal, and I loved it!

This was such a fantastic read, and I can't wait to see what Maria Vale writes next! 

Author: Maria Vale 
Series: The Legend of All Wolves #5
Read: May 8th, 2022
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Expected Publication: August 26th 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!