Saturday, October 1, 2022

Week 39 Review: The Golden Enclaves

From Goodreads:
Saving the world is a test no school of magic can prepare you for in the triumphant conclusion to the New York Times bestselling trilogy that began with A Deadly Education and The Last Graduate.

Almost singlehandedly--although backed by an increasingly large cadre of genuine friends--El has changed the nature of the Scholomance forever. But now that she is back in the real world, how will the lessons she learned inside the school apply? Will her grandmother's prophecy come true? Will she really spell the doom of all the enclaves forever?

As the quest to save her one true love ramps up, however, El is about to learn the most significant lesson of all--the dire truth on which the enclaves and the whole stability of the magical world are founded. And being El, she is not likely to let it lie....

My Review:
Oh man, this book was so fantastic! This is the 3rd end of a trilogy that I was highly anticipating that I've read recently (Ruby Fever by Ilona Andrews, and The Final Gambit by Jennifer Lynn Barnes) and they've all been so good, but I hope that's the rest of them for a while, because I can't stand the waiting anymore! 

Oh, the answers that we got in this book! Of the modern version of building enclaves, and who was destroying them. Man, those answers were brutal, but were set up in the previous books, and oh, it worked together so well!  

This series has had a big conversation about morality. From using mana vs. malia, to enclaves and how they use the outsiders for their energy both inside and outside the Scholamance, there's some pretty hefty questions. One big personal decision came up in this book, and the implications of it for El, it was a healing hurt. Absolutely loved it! 

I like the ending. It's not a happy happy ending, there are some burrs, but it's a good place to end thing. I knew what was coming, I read a spoiler review, but I got a different impression. Because while he's there at the school during the terms, she can also visit him, because the situation is different now. So I love that! 

This was a fantastic, amazing read, and I can't wait to see what Naomi Novik writes next! 

Author: Naomi Novi
Series: The Scholomance #3
Read: September 27th, 2022
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a End of Series 2022 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Del Rey Books 
Published: September 27th 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!