Saturday, October 1, 2022

Week 39 Reviews: In Mercy, Rain, Lost in the Moment and Found


From Goodreads:
Jack Walcott was only twelve years old when she and her twin sister Jill, descended the impossible staircase and found herself in the Moors, a world of drowned gods and repugnant royals.

After abandoning her sister to a vampire lord, and under the tutelage of a mad scientist who can do impossible things with flesh and living lightning, Jack quickly learns that in the Moors, death is merely a suggestion.

A young girl discovers an infinite variety of worlds in this standalone tale in the Hugo and Nebula Award-winning Wayward Children series from Seanan McGuire, Lost in the Moment and Found.

Welcome to the Shop Where the Lost Things Go.

If you ever lost a sock, you'll find it here.
If you ever wondered about favorite toy from childhood... it's probably sitting on a shelf in the back.
And the headphones that you swore that this time you'd keep safe? You guessed it….

Antoinette has lost her father. Metaphorically. He's not in the shop, and she'll never see him again. But when Antsy finds herself lost (literally, this time), she finds that however many doors open for her, leaving the Shop for good might not be as simple as it sounds.

And stepping through those doors exacts a price.

Lost in the Moment and Found tells us that childhood and innocence, once lost, can never be found.

My Review
:
I loved reading these stories! I love this world, and any chance I get more time to spend in it, I will absolutely take! It was great to have another Jack story, and then having Antsy's story was so great, and so heartbreaking! Loved reading the both of them!

In Mercy, Rain, gave us a little more of the time where Jack and Jill first came to the Moors. I don't remember how much detail we got of this romance, but I enjoyed getting the start of it, as well as watching Jack become proficient in being a Mad Scientist! 

Before Lost in the Moment and Found starts, there is an authors note that Antsy runs before the gaslighting leads to more. I'm glad for that, because while it's not a trigger for me, it obviously makes me pretty enraged that anyone, let alone a child, would go through that. 

I really enjoyed the time that Antsy spent at the Shop Where Lost Things Go, and the worlds that she could explore. We did learn a little bit more about Doors, so that was cool. But that ending? Oh, it's another evil one, like all even stories in this series! 

These were fantastic reads, and I can't wait for the next installment-I need to know what's going to happen next in odd stories in this series! 

Author: Seanan McGuire 
Series: Wayward Children #7.5, 8
Read: September 25th, 25th, 2022
Source: Online, NetGalley 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Books, and Lost in the Moment and Found is a WoW Book!
Publisher: Tor Books, Tordotcom
Published: July 18th 2022
Expected Publication: January 10th 2023

In Mercy, Rain:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Lost in the Moment and Found:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!