Saturday, December 17, 2022

Week 50 Review: Hooked

From Goodreads:
He wants revenge, but he wants her more.

Once Upon A Time, there was a little boy.
His belly full of laughter, his life full of joy.
Until one day, something changed; stripped his innocence away.
The hole inside making space for the devil to come and play.
His dreams gone forever, he grew up way too fast.
An endless night of crocodiles, and watches made of glass.
He grew into a villain, the taste of vengeance on his tongue.
Craving to make his enemies pay for the misdeeds they had done.
Instead he found a darling girl, and refused to let her go.
For what better way to make the man pay, than to steal his little shadow.

My Review:
Oh, I really enjoyed reading this book! This is similar to the Wicked Villain's series, where the villain of the original gets with the heroine, and that it's set in our contemporary world. Oh, and that it's an erotica (though not BDSM levels of Wicked Villians). And I enjoyed it so much! 

This is a dark romance retelling of Peter Pan, with Captain Hook, James, as the lead, and his relationship with Wendy. I really enjoyed how it was brought into the modern times, and what details were brought over, they were really great! 

The fact that Wendy is Peter's daughter, and James wants revenge on Peter, and decides to use Wendy to do so, yeah, that's not the best start to a relationship. But she has a pretty bad home life, and they got on together really well! 

This book is really, really dark. But there are some sweet moments between the two of them that I really enjoyed, and watching them deal with his revenge, and how they started off, had me really happy about the way things ended! 

Loved reading this story, and I can't wait to read more! 

Author: Emily McIntire 
Series: Never After #1
Read: December 10th, 2022
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a 2022 Retelling Reading Challenge Book! 
Publisher: Emily McIntire 
Published: September 7th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!