Saturday, December 31, 2022

Week 52 Review: The Cradle of Ice

From Goodreads:
The second book in the New York Times bestselling Moonfall series from thriller-master James Rollins, The Cradle of Ice is a page-turning tale of action, adventure, betrayal, ambition, and the struggle for survival in a harsh world that hangs by a thread.

To stop the coming apocalypse, a fellowship was formed.

A soldier, a thief, a lost prince, and a young girl bonded by fate and looming disaster.

Each step along this path has changed the party, forging deep alliances and greater
enmities. All the while, hostile forces have hunted them, fearing what they might
unleash. Armies wage war around them.

For each step has come with a cost—in blood, in loss, in heartbreak.

Now, they must split, traveling into a vast region of ice and to a sprawling capital of the world they've only known in stories. Time is running out and only the truth will save us all.

My Review:
Oh, this was such a great read! I loved being in this world again, and watching them work to stop the end of the world was so great! Man, a lot happened in this book, and it was so great, and sometimes so hard, to read! 

I was a bit apprehensive about reading this book. Don't get me wrong, I loved the first book, and all his other books that I've read. But it is a big book, and it's pretty intimidating. But once I started, well, the signature chapters and action scenes started coming and they didn't stop coming! 

This book took us deeper into this world, exploring places that were just briefly mentioned, places that were in the plans that they drew up at the end of the previous book. I enjoyed learning more, especially Nyx's quest to the vast, unknown icy region.

There was so much going on in this book, with these characters that we got to know all split up again. They have this quest to prevent the moonfall. And while we've had these perspectives from the future that make it seem like they succeeded, who knows how it'll turn out! It was such a fast paced adventure, so much happened, and I need to know where it's going to go from here! 

This was a really amazing book, and I can't wait to continue! 

Author: James Rollins 
Series: Moonfall #2
Read: December 25th, 2022
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love his writing and the first book, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Tor Books
Expected Publication: February 7th 2023
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!