Saturday, December 24, 2022

Week 51 Review: The School for Good and Evil

From Goodreads:
The first kidnappings happened two hundred years before. Some years it was two boys taken, some years two girls, sometimes one of each. But if at first the choices seemed random, soon the pattern became clear. One was always beautiful and good, the child every parent wanted as their own. The other was homely and odd, an outcast from birth. An opposing pair, plucked from youth and spirited away.

This year, best friends Sophie and Agatha are about to discover where all the lost children go: the fabled School for Good & Evil, where ordinary boys and girls are trained to be fairy tale heroes and villains. As the most beautiful girl in Gavaldon, Sophie has dreamed of being kidnapped into an enchanted world her whole life. With her pink dresses, glass slippers, and devotion to good deeds, she knows she'll earn top marks at the School for Good and graduate a storybook princess. Meanwhile Agatha, with her shapeless black frocks, wicked pet cat, and dislike of nearly everyone, seems a natural fit for the School for Evil.

But when the two girls are swept into the Endless Woods, they find their fortunes reversed—Sophie's dumped in the School for Evil to take Uglification, Death Curses, and Henchmen Training, while Agatha finds herself in the School For Good, thrust amongst handsome princes and fair maidens for classes in Princess Etiquette and Animal Communication.. But what if the mistake is actually the first clue to discovering who Sophie and Agatha really are…?

My Review:
I loved reading this book! I watched the movie last month, and it had me really excited to read the book. And it was so good, I loved this twist on Good and Evil, with Sophie and Agatha! It was such a great read, and I'm so excited to see where the series goes from here!

The fact that Agatha, who fits the mold for Evil, and Sophie for Good, end up going to the opposite at the school, it's such an interesting concept, and asks us to really look into the concept of good and evil, and not just judge based on appearances, which is pretty shallow.

I did feel for the girls struggles, that they both thought that they were put in the wrong place. To get the prince to fall in love with Sophie, I was a bit apprehensive, because they are young, and emotions are pretty volatile. But the biggest relationship was the friendship between Agatha and Sophie, and I loved that!  

Having seen the movie I was interested in seeing how true to the book it was. Especially that ending reveal, and all that went down there. I really enjoyed seeing how things played out in the book! It has me excited for the sequel! 

This was such a great book, and I need to continue on now! 

Author: Soman Chainani
Series: The School for Good and Evil #1
Read: December 17th, 2022
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a DAC Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book! 
Publisher: Harper Collins
Published: May 14th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!