Saturday, December 24, 2022

Week 51 Review: Honor and Shadows

From Goodreads:
Honor and Shadows is a 10,000-word prequel novelette set just before the start of Hunt the Stars.

Captain Octavia Zarola needs an infusion of credits—fast—if she's going to keep her close-knit bounty hunting crew paid and fed. Tracking down an escaped embezzler on a backwater planet should be a piece of cake, but bounties are rarely as easy as they seem.

As the crew closes in on their quarry, the hunt becomes entangled with a local criminal overlord, and Tavi will have to decide what's more important: money or honor, and how much she's willing to risk for either one. 

My Review:
I loved reading this story! I love her writing, and I love this series, and having a little adventure before the first book is set was fantastic! I loved watching them face off against this unfair bad guy, and it was great to watch them thwart him! 

This is a quick story about Tavi and her 2 other crew members on a bounty hunting gig, which quickly becomes more complicated then it could've been. What with the city being controlled by a criminal overlord-who also has their target, who is keeping the overlord's mines running well financially. Oh, and he has a thing for the overlord's daughter. Yeah.

I wasn't sure how they were going to deal with the situation, but I had a great time going along with them! The choices that they made, the chances that they took, I couldn't get enough! And I loved that choice that they made at the end! It leads right to the start of Hunt the Stars, and I know how that story goes! 

While this story only has the main thing going on, we do get to know these characters, how smart, badass, and how kind they are. Things that inform how they'll act in the future, and that was really great to see, because I love this cast! 

This was a really fantastic read, and I can't wait for more from this series! 

Author: Jessie Mihalik
Series: Starlight's Shadow #0.5
Read: December 19th, 2022
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: NYLA
Published: November 1st 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!