Saturday, December 17, 2022

Week 50 Review: King of Fools

From Goodreads:
Indulge your vices in the City of Sin, where a sinister street war is brewing and fame is the deadliest killer of them all...

On the quest to find her missing mother, prim and proper Enne Salta became reluctant allies with Levi Glaisyer, the city's most famous con man. Saving his life in the Shadow Game forced Enne to assume the identity of Seance, a mysterious underworld figure. Now, with the Chancellor of the Republic dead and bounties on both their heads, she and Levi must play a dangerous game of crime and politics…with the very fate of New Reynes at stake.

Thirsting for his freedom and the chance to build an empire, Levi enters an unlikely partnership with Vianca Augustine's estranged son. Meanwhile, Enne remains trapped by the mafia donna's binding oath, playing the roles of both darling lady and cunning street lord, unsure which side of herself reflects the truth.

As Enne and Levi walk a path of unimaginable wealth and opportunity, new relationships and deadly secrets could quickly lead them into ruin. And when unforeseen players enter the game, they must each make an impossible choice: To sacrifice everything they've earned in order to survive...

Or die as legends.

My Review:
Oh man, I had a fantastic time reading this book! The first book took me a minute to get into, but by the end I was just flying through, and was itching to pick it up. And it was such a fantastic read, I loved being in this world again! 

Things pick up quickly where we left off, with a manhunt for Levi, and Enne's masked self. Which is not a great position to be in, when you add in Vianca and her oaths that are binding the pair of them. It was such an entertaining story! 

There were two main things that I love about this series. The characters, they're really brought to life on the page, and I love watching their adventures. And the politics of this world, with the Mizer royalty that got rebelled against, and the political scheming in this corrupt system that replaced it was so interesting! 

Well, that ending was epic, but heartbreaking! That things went down like that, that last chapter was so great, but it's such an evil cliffhanger! I hope I can pick up the final book soon, because I need to know what's going to happen next, and how it's going to resolve! 

This was a fantastic read, and I can't wait to finish out this series! 

Author: Amanda Foody 
Series: The Shadow Game #2
Read: December 14th, 2022
Source: Library 
Reason Why: I enjoyed the first book, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Inkyard Press
Published: April 30th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!