Saturday, December 24, 2022

Week 51 Review: Heir to the Sky

From Goodreads:
I dangle my legs over the edge of the cliff, tapping my heels against the smooth dirt that crumbles down the side of the continent. I don't fear falling. The world below looks unreal and distant, like it's only been painted on. Falling is something I can't even imagine.

As heir to a kingdom of floating continents, Kali has spent her life bound by limits: by her duties as a member of the royal family, by a forced betrothal to the son of a nobleman and by the edge of the only world she's ever known--a small island hovering above a monster-ridden earth, long since uninhabited by humans.

When Kali falls off the edge of her kingdom and miraculously survives, she is shocked to discover there are still humans on the earth. Determined to get home, Kali entrusts a rugged monster-hunter named Griffin to guide her across a world overrun by chimera, storm dragons, basilisks and other terrifying creatures. But the more time she spends on earth, the more dark truths she begins to uncover about her home in the sky, and the more resolute she is to start living for herself. 

My Review:
This was such a great read! I love Amanda Sun's writing, and this was a really great read! The plot did remind me a bit of The Other Side of the Sky by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner, with humanity up in the clouds, but it was done differently here, and I had a great time with it! 

Learning about this world with the floating continents, and the land below that has such a variety of monsters, was really entertaining to learn about! I can understand why Kali needs to get back, but that she doesn't really want to, since her life wasn't all that great before.

Kali and Griffin were fantastic to read about, he was a sugar muffin, just so adorable, but he was a capable monster hunter who was able to protect her and teach her as they went on this adventure. I really enjoyed reading about them! 

I had a good idea of how things would end, but enjoyed the journey to get there, and how things tied up. It was a really satisfying read, and I had a great time throughout reading this book! I'm so glad that it exists and that I read it! 

This was a really great read, and I can't wait to read more by Amanda Sun! 

Author: Amanda Sun
Read: December 22nd, 2022
Source: Bought 
Reason Why:  Love her writing, and it's a SAC 2022 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Published: April 26th 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!