Saturday, December 31, 2022

Week 52 Review: The Infinity of You & Me

From Goodreads:
What if every life-altering choice you made could split your world into infinite worlds?

Almost fifteen, Alicia is smart and funny with a deep connection to the poet Sylvia Plath, but she's ultimately failing at life. With a laundry list of diagnoses, she hallucinates different worlds—strange, decaying, otherworldly yet undeniably real worlds that are completely unlike her own with her single mom and one true friend. In one particularly vivid hallucination, Alicia is drawn to a boy her own age named Jax who's trapped in a dying universe. Days later, her long-lost father shows up at her birthday party, telling her that the hallucinations aren't hallucinations, but real worlds; she and Jax are bound by a strange past and intertwining present. This leads her on a journey to find out who she is while trying to save the people and worlds she loves. J.Q. Coyle's The Infinity of You & Me is a wild ride through unruly hearts and vivid worlds guaranteed to captivate.

My Review:
Oh, this was a really great read! I loved reading about Alicia and the world that she explores, all the different choices that were made that lead to various different outcomes! It was so entertaining and I couldn't wait to find out what would happen next!  

Ok, if you've read a number of my reviews and know my tastes, then this paragraph is not going to be a surprise. This cover is absolutely stunning, the colours are so pretty and look so fantastic, and with the smoke effect, it's a pretty mesmerizing cover! And this book deserves it! 

The fact that her hallucinations were actually of other worlds, where different choices had been made then her own, is such a cool concept. That she's got this bond with Jax was pretty great as well, I really enjoyed the two of them.

The fact that she's a spandrel, to be able to merge with her alter-unververse selves was so cool. Watching her visit these other worlds, and how they were different, on this quest, was so entertaining to read, and I really enjoyed watching the story unfold! 

I had a really great time reading this book, and I'm really glad that I did! 

Author: J.Q. Coyle
Read: December 28th, 2022
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2022 Book! 
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Published: November 8th 2016
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!