Saturday, December 24, 2022

Week 51 Review: Divine Rivals

From Goodreads:
When two young rival journalists find love through a magical connection, they must face the depths of hell, in a war among gods, to seal their fate forever.

After centuries of sleep, the gods are warring again. But eighteen-year-old Iris Winnow just wants to hold her family together. Her mother is suffering from addiction and her brother is missing from the front lines. Her best bet is to win the columnist promotion at the Oath Gazette.

To combat her worries, Iris writes letters to her brother and slips them beneath her wardrobe door, where they vanish―into the hands of Roman Kitt, her cold and handsome rival at the paper. When he anonymously writes Iris back, the two of them forge a connection that will follow Iris all the way to the front lines of battle: for her brother, the fate of mankind, and love.

Shadow and Bone meets Lore in this epic enemies-to-lovers fantasy novel filled with hope and heartbreak, and the unparalleled power of love.

My Review:
Oh man, this was such an amazing read! I love Rebecca Ross's writing, her stories are just so compelling, and I had such a great time with this book! Enemies to lovers is a favourite trope of mine, and I loved watching it play out in this book! 

Rebecca Ross has written some really fantastic books in the past, and with this book's synopsis, I knew that this book would be just as good. And boy, it was, I loved learning about the magic, as well as the enemies to lovers romance! 

I utterly adored their romance. They both work at the paper, but they don't get along.When he magical gets the letter that she wrote to her brother, and replies, it's the start of something more, and watching them from this connection through their letters to one another was just fantastic! 

The supernatural stakes of this book, with dealing with this war, it was a pretty huge task. I loved watching Iris undertake it, with the horrors and traumas of war, which Rebeca Ross dealt with excellently. The way things ended, yeah, I'm glad this is (I think) a duology so I can have more, and see where it goes from here! 

This was such a great read, and I can't wait for the sequel! 

Author: Rebecca Ross
Series: Iris at the Front #1
Read: December 22nd, 2022
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Sounded really great and I love her writing, and it's a Historical Fiction 2022 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Wednesday Books
Expected Publication: April 4th 2023
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!