Saturday, October 5, 2013

Week 40 Review: Jinx

From Goodreads:
It's not easy being Jinx.

The only thing Jean Honeychurch hates more than her boring name (not Jean Marie, or Jeanette, just...Jean) is her all-too-appropriate nickname, Jinx. Misfortune seems to follow her everywhere she goes—which is why she's thrilled to be moving in with her aunt and uncle in New York City. Maybe when she's halfway across the country, Jinx can finally outrun her bad luck. Or at least escape the havoc she's caused back in her small hometown.

But trouble has definitely followed Jinx to New York. And it's causing big problems for her cousin Tory, who is not happy to have the family black sheep around. Beautiful, glamorous Tory is hiding a dangerous secret—one that she's sure Jinx is going to reveal.

Jinx is beginning to realize it isn't just bad luck she's been running from. It's something far more sinister...and the curse Jinx has lived under since the day she was born might just be the only thing that can save her life.

My Review:
I remember reading this book, since I'm writing this review over 2 years later. I remember what I was doing (in the bus on a field trip to Chinatown) and reading this book, and the purse I was using at the time. Those bits and pieces just stuck in my memory!

I loved reading Jinx's story again. and I'd love a companion novel, because I loved reading about them! I mean, the magic of  the family, that there's some debate, for Tory, whether Tory or Jinx got it. But we know that Jinx did. Well, we find out, so I already knew!

You have to feel bad for both Jinx and Tory. Jinx has gone though life with enough troubles and mishaps that her nickname is Jinx, and then Tory, well, her parents love her, but they're hardly there, and they have a caretaker lady.

Jinx and Zach were just awesome! It was too bad that Tory though Zach liked her, but that got sorted out in the end! And Jinx gets some justice in having Tory sent to live with her family! That'll certainly be an experience!

This was such a great book, I enjoyed it so much! I wouldn't mind a companion book or a sequel!

Author: Meg Cabot
Read: October 3rd, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a SAC 2013 Book!
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published: January 1st 2007
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!