Saturday, October 26, 2013

Week 43 Review: Mind Game

From Goodreads:
Dahlia LeBlanc's gifts are also a curse, making it impossible for her to be around others without hurting them. But can she trust her secrets to Nicolas Trevane, a Shadow warrior sent to find her?

My Review:
This book will always have a very special place in my heart, as the first Christine Feehan book that I ever read-and owned-the one that got me hooked on her writing! And yeah, it's just too bad that I don't have my copy right now-I loaned it to a friend-6 years ago. So I'm probably not going to get it back!

I loved her gifts, and how they worked, the whole thing with energy and what she can do with it, it was pretty darned cool! Though the side effects, not so much! But they dealt with them, mostly! And that her gifts help Nicolas with healing? Bonus!

This book introduced Jack and Ken, the twins who are the heroes of Conspiracy Game and Deadly Game, respectively, which was really nice, to see them from the outside, because we kinda do in Predatory Game, but this was their introduction, so it's different, and important!

And that ending? With Dahlia and Lily meeting for the first time since they were children? That was just so touching, and it was just such a great ending to the book! It was the perfect note to end their personal story, to leave threads for the next book, and yeah, just perfect!

I loved this book so much, and yeah, can't wait to reread more!

Author: Christine Feehan
Series: GhostWalkers #2
Read: October 24th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: Jove
Published: July 27th 2004
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!