Saturday, October 26, 2013

Week 43 Review: The Summer I Became a Nerd

From Goodreads:
On the outside, seventeen-year-old Madelyne Summers looks like your typical blond cheerleader—perky, popular, and dating the star quarterback. But inside, Maddie spends more time agonizing over what will happen in the next issue of her favorite comic book than planning pep rallies with her squad. That she’s a nerd hiding in a popular girl's body isn't just unknown, it's anti-known. And she needs to keep it that way.

Summer is the only time Maddie lets her real self out to play, but when she slips up and the adorkable guy behind the local comic shop’s counter uncovers her secret, she’s busted. Before she can shake a pom-pom, Maddie’s whisked into Logan’s world of comic conventions, live-action role-playing, and first-person-shooter video games. And she loves it. But the more she denies who she really is, the deeper her lies become…and the more she risks losing Logan forever.

My Review:
This was a really fantastic book! I mean, it's really something that could've happened-a girl, not wanting to be known as a nerd, but a popular girl, hiding the nerd-ness away from others, but celebrating it during summer, I could see this. People want to be popular, to be liked.

So I really enjoyed the journey that Maddie went on, discovering that she should really only live for herself, not just for her image. And learning to love herself, to be herself, that was a really great journey-the only sad thing is, that she had to do it in the first place.

The relationship between Maddie and Logan, was just so cute! I loved reading about them! There was a bit of a back and forth element, but yeah, when emotions and heart are involved in teens, that seems to be a very popular reaction!

I really liked the ending, with her doing that thing with the role playing game that they had, that was really awesome, and taking down Logan's ex! And then the event that she planned for those stores on that street, that was really awesome! And it helped her with Logan, so double great!

This was a really fantastic book, and I wouldn't mind reading other Leah Rae Miller books!

Author: Leah Rae Miller
Read: October 25th, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a DAC Book and a SAC 2013 Book!
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Published: May 7th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!