Saturday, October 12, 2013

Week 41 Review: Lair of the Lion

From Goodreads:
The Beast . . .

Rumor said the powerful Nicolai DeMarco could command the heavens, that the beasts below did his bidding . . . and that he was doomed to destroy the woman he took as wife. It was whispered he was not wholly human—as untamed as his tawny mane and slashing amber eyes.

The Beauty . . .

Impoverished aristocrat Isabella Vernaducci would defy death itself to rescue her imprisoned brother. She’d even brave the haunted, accursed lair of the lion—the menacing palace of legendary, lethal Don Nicolai DeMarco.

The Bargain . . .

Then Isabella met a man whose growl was velvet, purring heat, whose eyes held dark, all-consuming desire. And when the don commanded her to become his bride, she went willingly into his muscled arms, praying she’d save his tortured soul . . . not sacrifice her life.

My Review:
I enjoyed rereading this book so much! I mean, I'd forgotten most of what happened besides that it was the DeMarco family, and some connected families, that were some of the lions. Because yeah, that's really great!

I really enjoyed these characters, they were different, there was a good number of them, most of them I could keep track of, though a few I lost and then found again. They definitely live lives that are great to read about!

The whole thing of trading pretty much anything to have her brother rescued is a pretty brave idea, especially for the times, so kudos to Isabella for going through with it! Though she does gain a pretty amazing husband in the bargain, once all this conflict is through!

Who the bad guy was, and the thing about the curse, yeah, that was just a bit bittersweet. I mean, they won, but they also lost some, too. She was nice and quite for what we knew to be her, and it's only really in the end that she showed her true colours.

This was a really fantastic book, and I'm really hoping that Christine Feehan writes more historical novels!

Author: Christine Feehan
Read: October 11th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading!! And it's a Historical Fiction 2013 Book!
Publisher: Avon
Published: January 31st 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!