Saturday, October 19, 2013

Week 42 Review: These Broken Stars

From Goodreads:
It's a night like any other on board the Icarus. Then, catastrophe strikes: the massive luxury spaceliner is yanked out of hyperspace and plummets into the nearest planet. Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen survive. And they seem to be alone. 

Lilac is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Tarver comes from nothing, a young war hero who learned long ago that girls like Lilac are more trouble than they're worth. But with only each other to rely on, Lilac and Tarver must work together, making a tortuous journey across the eerie, deserted terrain to seek help. 

Then, against all odds, Lilac and Tarver find a strange blessing in the tragedy that has thrown them into each other's arms. Without the hope of a future together in their own world, they begin to wonder—would they be better off staying here forever?

Everything changes when they uncover the truth behind the chilling whispers that haunt their every step. Lilac and Tarver may find a way off this planet. But they won't be the same people who landed on it.

My Review:
This was an addicting novel! I mean, I couldn't get enough of it, I was kinda devastated, because hey, I got an e-ARC of this book, which means that if I don't get one of the next book, the wait time is going to be even longer. And waiting for excellent books is torture!

I really enjoyed Lilac and Tarver. They are so interesting, and complicated, and real people. I sympathized for Lilac, having someone watching her every move, Tarver pretty much being overlooked, not considered to have much worth. And all of this then plays out when they're alone, surviving! So good!

Then there was the planet that they landed on. Between the whole crash-landing, and the conditions that put on them, they were pretty resourceful, and then adding in what happened to Lilac, yeah. That was really interesting!

One thing, is that on Goodreads, it says on the series page, that it says something like, 3 couples, 1 enemy, which I'm pretty sure means that her dad, and her dad's company, is the bad guy. Which sucks for Lilac, but yeah, I hope that means we get to see these 2 in the following books!

Loved this book, so much, it was so entertaining, the pages just kept coming, and then it was done! I need more!

Authors: Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
Series: Starbound #1
Read: October 15th, 2013
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: It sounds good, and it's a 2013 Dystopia Book and a DAC Book!
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Expected Publication: December 10th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!