Saturday, October 19, 2013

Week 42 Review: Victoria and the Rogue

From Goodreads:
Victoria

Growing up in far-off India, wealthy young heiress Lady Victoria Arbuthnot was accustomed to handling her own affairs -- not to mention everyone else's. But in her sixteenth year, Vicky is unceremoniously shipped off to London to find a husband. With her usual aplomb, however, Lady Victoria gets herself engaged to the perfect English gentleman, even before setting foot on British soil.

The Rogue

Hugo Rothschild, ninth earl of Malfrey, is everything a girl could want in a future husband: he is handsome and worldly, if not rich. Lady Victoria has everything just as she'd like it. That is, if raffish young ship captain Jacob Carstairs would leave well enough alone.

Jacob's meddling is nothing short of exasperating, and Victoria is mystified by his persistence. But when it becomes clear that young Lord Malfrey just might not be all that he's professed to be, Victoria is forced to admit, for the first time in her life, that she is wrong. Not only about her fiance, but about the reason behind the handsome ship captain's interference.

My Review:
I loved rereading this book so much! So hilarious, and yeah, it's really different to read a Meg Cabot book that's a historical, the only other ones I've read besides this one, is Nicola and the Viscount, and Ransom My Heart. I'm pretty sure she has others under her pen name, but I haven't read those yet!

I mean, I knew that she would end up with Jacob, I just forgot the specifics of how that happened, since I last read this book before early 2011, when I started using Goodreads, and shortly after, blogging. So I loved going on this journey again!

So the plots of these 2 books, this and Nicola, are pretty similar. Girl meets boy, girl likes boy, other boy says first boy isn't right for girl, girl finds that out for herself, girl chooses other boy. But it's the characters that make these books different! And this was Victoria and Jacob's story!

I really enjoyed how this book ended, it was nice and sweet, and it all worked out in the end, I mean, like I said, I knew she would end up with Jacob. And that was just really satisfying, reading that! Just a great ending!

This was a really great, sweet light and quick read, if you like Meg Cabot, you should read this!

Author: Meg Cabot
Read: October 14th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Historical Fiction 2013 Book!
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published: December 28th 2004
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!