Saturday, October 19, 2013

Week 42 Review: Countdown

From Goodreads:
3 seconds left to live. Once the countdown starts, it cannot be stopped. 

2 pawns thrown into a brutal underground reality game. 

Kira Jordan survived her family's murder and months on plague-devastated city streets with hard-won savvy and a low-level psi ability. She figures she can handle anything. Until she wakes up in a barren room, chained next to the notorious Rogan Ellis. 

1 reason Kira will never, ever trust Rogan. Even though both their lives depend on it. 

Their every move is controlled and televised for a vicious exclusive audience. And as Kira's psi skill unexpectedly grows and Rogan's secrets prove evermore deadly, Kira's only chance of survival is to risk trusting him as much as her instincts. Even if that means running head-on into the one trap she can't escape. 

GAME OVER

My Review:
I just loved this book so much! It was such a page turner, and it was so well paced, that things were happening right away, and yeah, I really enjoyed that so much! This was a really great, fantastic book, and I'd love a companion book or something!

Just the idea, that in the future, or technically, right now, people could be kidnapped for the reason to participating in an increasingly higher stakes tv show for the rich and bored to watch? Not the best thing to watch!

But at the same time, it's human nature to look at the wreck on the side of the road, and just reading Kira and Rogan, as they pass these tests, from the first with the keys and getting out of the room, to the end, when they leave the game? Yeah.

The fact that Rogan was the one that suggested the idea of the game, even a more innocent version, and then the reason why he's doing this, yeah, it added so much to this book! I really enjoyed that ending a lot! So good!

Yeah, this was such a fantastic book, one I enjoyed a lot, and I can't wait for more books by Michelle Rowen!

Author: Michelle Rowen
Read: October 18th, 2013
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love Michelle Rowen's writing!! And it's a 2013 Dystopia Book and a SAC 2013 Book!
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Published: October 1st 2013
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!