Saturday, October 19, 2013

Week 42 Review: Shadow Game

From Goodreads:
The classified experiment is the brainchild of renowned scientist Peter Whitney and his brilliant daughter, Lily. Created to enhance the psychic abilities of an elite squadron, it can transform their natural mental powers into a unique military weapon. But something goes wrong. In the isolated underground labs, the men have been dying-victims of bizarre accidents. Captain Ryland Miller knows he is next. When Dr. Whitney himself is murdered, Ryland has only one person left to trust: the beautiful Lily. Possessed of an uncanny sixth sense herself, Lily shares Ryland's every new fear, every betrayal, every growing suspicion, and every passionate beat of the heart. Together, they will be drawn deeper into the labyrinth of her father's past and closer to a secret that someone would kill to keep hidden.

My Review:
Where it began! Yeah! I just loved rereading this book, to read about the first couple, about the first team, and the first adventure, and then everything onward from this! It's just fantastic! And I just really enjoyed just the fact that I was able to do this, partly because it was written in the first place!

So you really kinda have to feel a bit sorry for Lily. First her dad dies, then it turns out that he faked his death, because it turns out, he's not such a nice guy, that he's the reason why she limps, because he was experimenting with her powers, well, yeah, that wasn't fun for her to learn!

But then there's Ryland, who, with Lily, have been linked together, because her dad thought that their kids, with their combined genes, would have the best of the best from them, versus other combinations of couples. Which is another not so good thing that her dad did to them, but it's something that they enjoy, because they fell in love and such, so yeah!

I enjoyed the mystery in this book, between the members of the team, the betrayer, the injured, and then finding the bad guy, and then beating him, the colonel. Because yeah, he needed to be beat, because he was truly a nasty human being, doing what he did!

I enjoyed this book so much, and I know I'm going to love rereading the rest of the series! I just want more books in this series!

Author: Christine Feehan
Series: GhostWalkers #1
Read: October 18th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading!
Publisher: Jove
Published: August 26th 2003
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!