Saturday, October 26, 2013

Week 43 Review: Earthbound

From Goodreads:
Tavia Michaels is the sole survivor of the plane crash that killed her parents. When she starts to see strange visions of a boy she’s never spoken with in real life, she begins to suspect that there's much about her past that she isn't being told. 

Tavia immediately searches for answers, desperate to determine why she feels so drawn to a boy she hardly knows. But when Tavia discovers that the aunt and uncle who took her in after her parents' death may have actually been responsible for the plane crash that killed them--and that she may have been the true intended victim--she flees for the safety of Camden, Maine, where the boy she sees in her visions instructs her to go.

Now, Tavia is on the run with no one to trust. No one, that is, except for her best friend and longtime crush, Benson.

Tavia feels torn between the boy who mysteriously comes to her at night and the boy who has been by her side every step of the way. But what Tavia doesn't know is that the world is literally falling apart and that to save it she will have to unite with the boy in her visions. Only problem? To do so would mean rejecting Benson's love. And that's the one thing Tavia Michaels swore she'd never do.

My Review:
I really enjoyed this book so much! One thing that I really love in books, is originality, uniqueness. And this book had this in spades! I mean, I read so many books, the trouble is keeping them separate, and remembering at least the main points. And being unique helps with that. And since I want to remember these books, this is great!

So this is a book where the character's survived something pretty hard, and I have another one of those coming up in my reviews, but in this book, the event happened 2 years ago, and so she's had some time to deal, to process. And now things are just starting to get crazy again!

I didn't like Bensen so much. And then it turns out that I had a good reason, because he was working for the bad guy the entire time. Which makes things a bit more complicated for Tavia, especially in this world, that we just started to scratch the surface!

And the details alone that we got in this book, they were pretty interesting. I mean, after the betrayals that she's faced, it seems fitting that she gets some pretty grand stuff in reward, even if it comes with it more trouble.

That ending? That she found the boy that she's linked to? Yeah, that was really great, that they're together, and will be able to learn and work together, and hopefully beat the bad guys, because my want for the next book is huge!

I enjoyed this book so much, so good and interesting, and I can't wait for more!

Author: Aprilynne Pike
Series: Earthbound #1
Read: October 20th, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Sounded good!
Publisher: Razorbill
Published: July 30th 2013
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!