Saturday, January 16, 2021

Week 2 Reviews: The Iron King, The First Kiss


Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined.

Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.

This scene takes place in the Iron King, when Meghan and Ash are searching a warehouse for the trod into the Iron Realm. As Meghan ventures further inside, the trod guardian, a huge iron dragon, springs to life and attacks her.

This is from Ash's POV.

My Review:
I just loved reading these stories again! Since we're getting Puck's story with the Evenfall series, I knew I had to do a reread of the whole Iron Fey world, and I'm glad that I did, because I've only read these once, and that was up to almost 10 years ago! I was well due for a reread!

Seeing the start of Meghan's journey, knowing where she's going, it was just fantastic to read! I had forgotten that Puck was in the human world to be Meghan's friend, but once he was mentioned, I remembered, and was just fantastic.

And it's weird, because I remember bits and pieces from the next series, I know how much the world has changed over the course of these books, so it was hard to remember what it was like before that change. Yeah for rereading! 

I know Meghan and Ash are going to happy ending, if not trouble in the next series. So while The First Kiss was a bit heartbreaking, I know there's hope. I just enjoyed going on this journey with them again, watching them fall in love! 

I just had a great time reading these again, and I can't wait to continue the series! 

Author: Julie Kagawa
Series: The Iron Fey #1, 1.25
First Read: September 12th, 2011, April 23rd 2013
Read: January 9th, 9th, 2021
Source: Own, Online
Reason Why: Rereading! And they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Books! 
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Published: February 1st 2010, March 13th 2013

The Iron King:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








The First Kiss:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!