Saturday, January 16, 2021

Week 2 Review: The Bookstore on the Beach

From Goodreads:
How do you start a new chapter of your life when you haven't closed the book on the previous one?

Eighteen months ago, Autumn Divac's husband went missing. Her desperate search has yielded no answers, and she can't imagine moving forward without him. But for the sake of their two teenage children, she has to try.

Autumn takes her kids home for the summer to the charming beachside town where she was raised. She seeks comfort working alongside her mother and aunt at their bookshop, only to learn that her daughter is facing a huge life change and her mother has been hiding a terrible secret for years. And when she runs into the boy who stole her heart in high school, old feelings start to bubble up again. Is she free to love him, or should she hold out hope for her husband's return? She can only trust her heart…and hope it won't lead her astray.

My Review:
Well this was such a great read! I really enjoy Brenda Novak's writing, and I had an excellent time with this latest story! This story around the question of moving on, if it's time, if it's at all possible. I loved this summertime story! 

I loved reading about these characters. They're a family, and they're dealing with a hardship, with Autumn's husband being missing for so long. They love each other, but they're also keeping some secrets, that are starting to come out.

And oh, how they came out! There was a lot going on, this wasn't a relaxing summer vacation, these secrets were having pretty big impacts on their lives, and I had a really great time watching it all unfold! I did feel bad that they had to deal with it all, though! 

My question was, was her husband going to come back? I half wanted it, half didn't, because if he didn't, there'd always be the question lingering over their heads, but if he did, well, then her and Quinn might not end up together like I wanted them to! So I enjoyed how that turned out! 

This was a fantastic read, and I can't wait to read more by Brenda Novak! 

Author: Brenda Novak
Read: January 14th, 2021
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Love her writing and it sounded good, and it's a SAC 2021 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: MIRA
Published: April 6th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!