Saturday, January 16, 2021

Week 2 Review: The Originals

From Goodreads:
A riveting new story from Cat Patrick, author of Forgotten and Revived.

17-year-olds Lizzie, Ella, and Betsey Best grew up as identical triplets... until they discovered a shocking family secret. They're actually closer than sisters, they're clones. Hiding from a government agency that would expose them, the Best family appears to consist of a single mother with one daughter named Elizabeth. Lizzie, Ella, and Betsey take turns going to school, attending social engagements, and a group mindset has always been a de facto part of life...

Then Lizzie meets Sean Kelly, a guy who seems to see into her very soul. As their relationship develops, Lizzie realizes that she's not a carbon copy of her sisters; she's an individual with unique dreams and desires, and digging deeper into her background, Lizzie begins to dismantle the delicate balance of an unusual family that only science could have created.

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book. It's not too heavy, it deals with clones, and there is a few tense scenes because of a ruthless scientist who isn't their mom, and mainly it's on the drama of having 3 girls living 1 life-where two of the girls want relationships-but they want them with different guys. Complicated! 

I loved how close these girls were. They're clones, they're sisters, and while they might bicker, they are really close knit and they love each other, and I adored that. And maybe I'm getting older or maybe they were a little immature for their ages, but they seemed so young to me, you know? But yeah, their biggest issue was the 3 girls sharing a life, and it did get complicated.

Her relationship with Sean was so very complicated by her situation. And was it the best move to tell him about the clone thing? Well, better him being told then Ella's boyfriend, given how that turned out. But it could've ended really badly having told Sean. Good thing that it didn't! I'm glad things worked out there! 

The way things ends isn't perfect. And maybe Lizzie's relationship with her mom isn't the best, though that letter hopefully soothed things, though we really didn't get to see the sisters react to it. But it was a really good ending and I enjoyed it!

This was a really great book and I had a great time reading it! 

Author: Cat Patrick
Read: January 10th, 2021
Source: Own
Reason Why: Love her writing and it sounded good, and it's a LLFL Book, RR Book and a SAC 2021 Book!
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Published: May 7th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!