Saturday, January 16, 2021

Week 2 Review: Blood Heir

From Goodreads:
From Ilona Andrews, an all-new novel set in the Kate Daniels World and featuring Julie Lennart-Olsen, Kate and Curran's ward.

Atlanta was always a dangerous city. Now, as waves of magic and technology compete for supremacy, it's a place caught in a slow apocalypse, where monsters spawn among the crumbling skyscrapers and supernatural factions struggle for power and survival.

Eight years ago, Julie Lennart left Atlanta to find out who she was. Now she's back with a new face, a new magic, and a new name—Aurelia Ryder—drawn by the urgent need to protect the family she left behind. An ancient power is stalking her adopted mother, Kate Daniels, an enemy unlike any other, and a string of horrifying murders is its opening gambit.

If Aurelia's true identity is discovered, those closest to her will die. So her plan is simple: get in, solve the murders, prevent the prophecy from being fulfilled, and get out without being recognized. She expected danger, but she never anticipated that the only man she'd ever loved could threaten everything.

One small misstep could lead to disaster. But for Aurelia, facing disaster is easy; it's relationships that are hard.

My Review:
Yes, wow, I loved reading this book! I was reading it as they were posting to their blog, and when they said that they were stopping, and publishing it as a full length novel, well, I was happy and disappointed-I was so glad to get a full book, but I just wanted to keep reading! Well, I waited, and now I've read the whole thing, and it was just so freaking great! And I did love the one change, with Douglas, from the original, it's more heartbreaking, but it's such a better story!

I know we still have the 2 Iron Covenant books. But this is Julie-now Aurelia, and we've been with her since the 2nd book in the Kate series. So it was great to follow her as an adult, to see who she has become. And she's in such a tough place-can't go home to her family, because a big bad god is going to kill Kate and the family is Aurelia does that. So she has to be in Atlanta, without seeing Kate. Bah! 

We learned a lot about how the old world was, because Erra has recreated their kingdom in this time, and Aurelia is the princess of it. We also got some surprising reveals, and one that just made so much sense, thought argh, that character! It just fits so well with who they are!

The investigation into the murder of a priest, the pack politics with Derek and Ascanio, Moloch, there was a lot woven into this story, and I loved how it all came together. And I can't wait to see where it goes from here, the threat of Moloch, and her relationship with Derek! 

I loved this so much, and I'm so excited to continue this series! 

Author: Ilona Andrews
Series: Aurelia Ryder #1
Read: January 12th, 2021
Source: EBook.bike 
Reason Why: Love their writing and this world, and it sounded really great, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: NYLA
Published: January 12th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!