Saturday, January 16, 2021

Week 2 Review: The Mime Order

From Goodreads:
Paige Mahoney has escaped the brutal prison camp of Sheol I, but her problems have only just begun: many of the survivors are missing and she is the most wanted person in London...

As Scion turns its all-seeing eye on the dreamwalker, the mime-lords and mime-queens of the city's gangs are invited to a rare meeting of the Unnatural Assembly. Jaxon Hall and his Seven Seals prepare to take centre stage, but there are bitter fault lines running through the clairvoyant community and dark secrets around every corner.

Then the Rephaim begin crawling out from the shadows. Paige must keep moving, from Seven Dials to Grub Street to the secret catacombs of Camden, until the fate of the underworld can be decided. 

My Review:
I enjoyed reading this book so much! I loved being in this world again, with these characters again, and I just wanted to know what was going to happen next! And given that we're back in London, well, Paige has a lot of work to do before she can get the Unnatural Society to mobilize against the Rephaim. I loved the idea of the penny dreadful, though I worried at one point that it was going to go wrong. And who knows, maybe it will in the future, and I'm so worried about it!

Paige has had her eyes opened up to who Jaxon is as person. And she doesn't want to work with him, but without being his mollisher,  then she doesn't actually have a voice to speak with the Unnatural Society, which she needs to do to get them to work together. There were so many obstacles in her path! 

There's secrets lingering in the Unnatural Society, and Paige just stumbles across them, with a full household of murders. And she's not really even investigating, but as things come together, things that don't seem to work together, well, a conspiracy comes to light! 

Oh, man, that ending! Well first, there's the climax, that big battle. And it was intense, and it reveled a few interesting bits that are going to be important in the future and I can't wait to see them all play out. And then there was that final scene, and it was just killer, and I need to read more now! 

This was such a great read, and I'm dying to read The Mime Order now! 

Author: Samantha Shannon
Series: The Bone Season #2
Read: January 9th, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a 2021 Dystopia Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book!
Publisher: Bloomsbury 
Published: January 27th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!