Saturday, January 16, 2021

Week 2 Review: Graceling

From Goodreads:
Deadly Grace

Katsa has been able to kill a man with her bare hands since she was eight--she's a Graceling, one of the rare people in her land born with an extreme skill. As niece of the king, she should be able to live a life of privilege, but Graces as she is with killing, she is forced to work as the king's thug.

When she first meets Prince Po, Graced with combat skills, Katsa has no hint of how her life is about to change.

She never expects to become Po's friend.

She never expects to learn a new truth about her own Grace--or about a terrible secret that lies hidden far away...

My first review of Graceling
My Review:
I loved reading this book again! I've read it a few times, but it's been a while, and now we're getting a 4th book in the series, and I'm so excited to be back in this world! I loved spending this time with these character again, they're just so wonderful to spend time with! 

I remembered a fair number of beats of this story, like Katsa's grace was, and her and Bitterblue's crossing of the mountain, and that ending. But I forgot so much, like Katsa's leaving her uncle's court, to what Po's grace was, so it was really great to reread! 

I just love watching Katsa and Po together, they're just so stinking cute! Between their graces, and their personalities, they just are incredible. And when she figures out what his grace is, well, it does get bumpy, but it does work out, and I love it! 

Dealing with Leck, like, he's a bad guy that can control you with his words. And that's a scary and creepy thing, with really only Po who is immune. And given how things went when Po went after him, the first time I wondered how they were going to beat him. And knowing how it happens, I'm sad for Katsa, because she has some dilemmas there, but it really was the only way. 

This was such an amazing read, and I can't wait to continue the series again! 

Author: Kristin Cashore
Series: Graceling Realm #1
First Read: 2009
Second Read: January 1st 2014
Read: January 10th, 2021
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book!
Publisher: Graphica
Published: October 1st 2008
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!