Saturday, April 10, 2021

DesertAThon 2021 Sign Up

So I'm signing up for DesertAThon, the 2021 game, which is hosted by Esme at Bookish Buddies, and you can see the announcement video here. It takes place in May, but I do want to get my rolls done ahead of time, because I also have Clean Sweep ARC Challenge, so I'm going to mainly have books that are ARC's. So I want to pick them out ahead of time. Most of them probably won't be desert books, but at least one of them will. 

Roll 1:
So Space 5. For this, the prompt is Read a Five Star Prediction. I'll be reading The Theft of Sunlight by Intisar Khanani. 

Roll 2:
So Space 9. For this, the prompt is Go Back to Space 7. Space 7's prompt is Read a Backlist Book. I'll be reading Here and Now and Then by Mike Chen.

Roll 3:
So Space 9. For this, the prompt is Go Back to Space 7. Space 7's prompt is Read a Backlist Book. Well, that didn't do me any good! I'll be reading Dreaming Death by Heather Graham.

Roll 4: 
So Space 12. For this, the prompt is Read a book that has some kind of traveling in it. I'll be reading Wild Country by Anne Bishop. 

Roll 5:

So Space 14. For this, the prompt is Read a book with some type of magic. For this I'll be reading Sightwitch by Susan Dennard. 

Roll 6:
So Space 20. For this, the prompt is Roll Again, so no book!

Roll 7:
So Space 26. For this, the prompt is Go Back to Space 24. Space 24's prompt is Read a hyped book. I'll be reading The Warlord by Gena Showalter. This book is so hyped, at least to me, I love Gena Showalter's writing! 

Roll 8:
So Space 30. For this, the prompt is Go Forward to Space 36. Space 36's prompt is Read a Random Book on Your TBR. I'll be reading Wings of Ebony by J. Elle. (I got this book by counting the books I want to read this week/month that I hadn't given a prompt for this readathon yet, and put it in a random number generator, and this was the book selected.) 

Roll 9:
So Space 41. For this, the prompt is Read a Retelling. I'll be reading The Wife Upstairs by Rachel Hawkins Half Sick of Shadows by Laura Sebastian. 

Roll 10:
So Space 46. For this, the prompt is Roll Again. So no book again.

Roll 11:

So Space 51. For this, the prompt is Read a Book with a Foiled Cover. I'll be reading Phoenix Flame by Sara Holland. Zenith by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings

Roll 12:

So Space 53. For this, the prompt is Go Back to Space 48. Space 48's prompt is Read a Book set in the Desert. I'll be reading The Oathbreaker's Shadow by Amy McCulloch. The Eyes of Tamburah by Maria V. Sndyer

Roll 13:
So Space 50. For this, the prompt is Read a Standalone. I'll be reading Sixteen Scandals by Sophie Jordan. 

Roll 14:
So Space 55. For this, the prompt is Read a Book With Some Sort of Romance in It's Plot. I'll be reading A Summoning of Souls by Leanna Renee Hieber.

Roll 15:
So Space 60. For this, the prompt is Read a Book With a Weapon on the Cover. I'll be reading Shadowed Steel by Chloe Neill.

Roll 16:
So Space 62, because it's the end. For this, the prompt is Desert Vibed Book. I'll be reading The Shadow's Curse by Amy McCulloch.

So that's 14 books. I'll add which books I'm going to be reading closer to May, when I have a few more prompts from various other TBR's, so I can double up. 

But one book I know I'll be reading this month is The Pirate's Wish by Cassandra Rose Clarke. I might reread The Assassin's Curse. 

Another is The Oathbreaker's Shadow by Amy McCulloch and maybe it's sequel, The Shadow's Curse.

And yeah, I can't wait to participate! What about you guys? Happy reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!