Saturday, April 10, 2021

Week 14 Review: Tarnished Empire

From Goodreads:
DEFIANCE IS TREASON. TREASON IS DEATH.

A siege is laid against the last resistance to the Senate's rule. As the battle rages, a commander, a soldier, and a rebel will decide how far they are willing to go for victory.

THE COMMANDER

Marcus is forced to choose between destroying the rebel forces and liberating his legion. He must face the true cost of being a leader. And an oppressor.

THE SOLDIER

Agrippa sets his sights on glory to fill the deepening void within him. He discovers that the price of fame might not just be paid in blood, it might be paid by his heart.

THE REBEL

Silvara joins the rebel forces to fight against the legions who would see her family dead. While she dreams of being a warrior, she finds her sharpest weapon is seduction. But to defeat the Empire, she’ll have to betray the young man who now has her heart.

Inspired by the harsh world of ancient Rome, readers are obsessed with this martial tale of fiery romance, friendship, and enmity. Told from three points of view, TARNISHED EMPIRE is filled with twists you’ll never see coming but will keep you turning the pages all night.

TARNISHED EMPIRE is set in the world of Danielle L. Jensen's DARK SHORES. But readers new to the world can begin here.

My Review:
I loved reading this book! I love her writing so much, and I really enjoy this world! And what this book added was really great to learn, and I'm really excited for the next installment, because it's going to bring the characters of the first two books together-and most likely, this one, as well, and I can't wait!

I felt bad for all of them. The soldiers were the sons of this empire-some parts that were only recently conquered, and now they have to go to new places to absorb them, as well. So that's not a good situation. And Silvara just doesn't want her country to meet the same fate.

Watching the two of them fall in love, the various misunderstandings and mishaps, knowing that they're on opposite sides, I was rooting for them, but I was also anxious about things going wrong. And when they did, oh, that was not fun! 

That ending was just really evil! We know what happened, but Marcus and the others don't, and think that Agrippa deserted. I am really hoping that they reconnect in book 3. But oh, there are going to be some wild emotions going on there! 

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait for more! 

Author: Danielle L. Jensen 
Series: Dark Shores #0.5
Read: April 9th, 2021 
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: CLA
Published: January 26th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!