Saturday, August 7, 2021

Week 31 Review: The Starless Crown

From Goodreads:
An alliance embarks on a dangerous journey to uncover the secrets of the distant past and save their world in this captivating, deeply visionary adventure from #1 New York Times bestselling thriller-master James Rollins.

A gifted student foretells an apocalypse. Her reward is a sentence of death.

Fleeing into the unknown she is drawn into a team of outcasts:

A broken soldier, who once again takes up the weapons he’s forbidden to wield and carves a trail back home.

A drunken prince, who steps out from his beloved brother's shadow and claims a purpose of his own.

An imprisoned thief, who escapes the crushing dark and discovers a gleaming artifact - one that will ignite a power struggle across the globe.

On the run, hunted by enemies old and new, they must learn to trust each other in order to survive in a world evolved in strange, beautiful, and deadly ways, and uncover ancient secrets that hold the key to their salvation.

But with each passing moment, doom draws closer.

WHO WILL CLAIM THE STARLESS CROWN?

My Review:
This was such a fantastic book! I've read most, if not all, of his contemporary thrillers. I haven't read his fantasy under a different name, but this book sounded really fantastic, and I had to check it out! And I'm so glad that I did!

The prologue was really interesting to read, because it's set after the main plot of the book, and is a character reminiscing. The thing is though, which character? I can't wait to find out! Because there's a few options of who it could be! 

I had read a teaser, of the gifted student, of how one of her lessons went, and I needed to read more, of what would happen next with her. And boy does she go on a journey, and there is much that she has to learn, and given the pain of what she's currently been through, she's going to be one tough cookie by the end! 

This world was so interesting, because there's only a narrow portion of their world that is actually habitable. And I didn't see it until after I read the book, but there is a map, and it was great to see where everything was, because yeah, the land that they occupy is pretty tiny! 

A great deal of this world is heartbreaking. And the prophecy/circumstances that they face, means that things aren't going to get easier any time soon. I need to know how it's all going to go down, because what Nyx saw, bah, I need to know!

My least favourite part was the thief, because while the artifact that he found was pretty interesting, being in his perspective was the one that was the least connected to all the others that were going on. But oh, when they all came together, boy were things intense and fantastic to read! 

That ending was just chaotic and amazing! The tensions were raised because of the events that had just occurred, and they weren't all together so there was a lot of moving pieces, and it came together so well! I just can't wait to see where it goes from here! 

This was such a fantastic book, and I can't wait to continue the series! 

Author: James Rollins
Series: Moon Fall #1
Read: August 1st, 2021
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Love his writing and it sounded really great, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Tor Books
Expected Publication: January 4th 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!