Saturday, December 18, 2021

Week 50 Review: Little Thieves

From Goodreads:
Once upon a time, there was a beautiful, kind princess who was betrothed to the prince of a faraway kingdom. When she set off for her new home, her mother gave her a maid for a companion on the journey.

But instead of serving the princess, the wicked maid stole her place.

For a year the true princess toiled away like a common goose girl, while the wicked maid lived high in the palace, fooling the kingdom. But the truth came out. The princess took back her name, her crown, and her husband, and the imposter died for her crimes.

Then one day, the wicked maid...

...told her own story. 

My Review:
Yes, wow, this book was so fantastic! If you enjoyed El from The Scholomance series, then you'll love Vanya! Her narration and view of the world is pretty grim, and gloomy and so very sarcastic, and it's just so easy to read! Loved her character so much! 

This book really wasn't what I expected. I thought that the real princess would take back her name and her life, forcing the maid out, and this would probably be the story of after. But it's not, Vayna had to persuade the princess to take back her name, and then there's so much else going on with this book, given that it's 500 pages long!

Everything about this book was just a little more complex, from the world, the characters, the magic, and the plot, and we really got a chance to explore of of them, but I'm really glad that this is a series, even if I don't know what the sequel is going to do, because it's just so great to read about! 

That ending was just fantastic! I loved how they used little tidbits from throughout the book-like that suit, and using Vayna's skills as a thief to really pull it off. There were some really ingenious moments, and I loved how it ended! It was fantastic to read!  

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait to see where the sequel goes because this one wrapped up things pretty nicely! 

Author: Margret Owen
Series: Little Thieves #1
Read: December 15th, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing, and it's a 2021 Retelling Reading Challenge, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)
Published: October 19th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!