Sunday, December 12, 2021

Wheel of TBR #81, December 12th

I saw Codie's Book Corner doing the Wheel of TBR, and I thought that sounded like a great way to pick what to read from your TBR. So thanks to her! I'll only do 3 spins, because I'm doing this every week, and so it won't make up my total TBR of the week, but it'll be a start!

Rules:
1. For each week of the month, I'll do 3 spins each week to read each week though I do have the rest of the month to read them. Once a prompt is used, I'll randomly choose one from the list, keeping track of how often a colour comes up. If colour comes up 3 or more times in month, I'll do another spin once it comes up 3 times.
2. If I don't read a book that week or at least start it before the end of the month, then for my next week of spins, I have to add a punishment for each book unread. I'll roll for each unread book, and have to apply each and every punishment chosen to the week.
3. Each month I'll get a prompt from my Binge Read Wheel (either specifically picking the prompt, or spinning the wheel) and I have to read at least 9 books, though I can read more!

Of the books from the last week, I read Cytonic by Brandon Sanderson, Heartsong by T.J. Klune, and I started A Swift and Savage Tide by Chloe Neill.

Binge Read Wheel:
For this month, I chose Yearly Goals. I read High Jinx by Kelley Armstrong, Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend, Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow by  Jessica Townsend, Hollowpox: The Hunt for Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend, Brothersong by by T.J. Klune, so I've read 8/9+.

Prompts Used This Week:
Word, Read a Book in One Sitting, A-Z Reading Challenge.

Word-Violet-Study-In the Study with the Wrench by Diana Peterfreund-This title has study in the title, so that works! 

Read a Book in One Sitting-Cyan-Snowstorms & Sleigh Bells by Kelley Armstrong-This is a novella, so it'll be a quick read, and even if it was longer, I devoured the full length book featuring these characters in almost one sitting, maybe one, I can't remember, but I stayed up 3 or 4 hours past the time I should've gone to sleep to read it, so I can definitely so that with this novella! 

A-Z Reading Challenge-Azure-Feuds by Avery Hastings-This is the next letter to fill for the challenge, and this is the book I chose to fill it! 

Colour Totals:
Red: 1
Orange: 1
Yellow: 1
Chartreuse: 1
Green: 1
Spring Green: 0
Cyan: 1
Azure: 1
Blue: 0
Violet: 1
Magenta: 0
Rose: 1

Prompts for Next Week:
Short Book-Red
Series Number-Orange
Sophomore Book-Yellow
Audiobook-Chartreuse
Even Chapters-Green
Series Continued and Unfinished/Current 2021-Spring Green
A-Z End Title-Cyan
ARC To Be Published-Azure
More Than 1000 Reviews-Blue
Sat on Shelves-Violet
Reread-Magenta
Goodreads Recommends-Rose

So those are some of the books I'm going to try to read this week. What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!