Saturday, December 25, 2021

Week 51 Review: The Deal

From Goodreads:
She's about to make a deal with the college bad boy...

Hannah Wells has finally found someone who turns her on. But while she might be confident in every other area of her life, she's carting around a full set of baggage when it comes to sex and seduction. If she wants to get her crush's attention, she'll have to step out of her comfort zone and make him take notice…even if it means tutoring the annoying, childish, cocky captain of the hockey team in exchange for a pretend date.

...and it's going to be oh so good.

All Garrett Graham has ever wanted is to play professional hockey after graduation, but his plummeting GPA is threatening everything he's worked so hard for. If helping a sarcastic brunette make another guy jealous will help him secure his position on the team, he's all for it. But when one unexpected kiss leads to the wildest sex of both their lives, it doesn't take long for Garrett to realize that pretend isn't going to cut it. Now he just has to convince Hannah that the man she wants looks a lot like him.

My Review:
I kinda devoured this book. I didn't even have this book on my radar, let alone any TBR's, but then I saw a booktuber have it on their TBR, and it sounded really great so I picked it up, and just didn't put it down! It was just that easy to read!

Honestly, I was pretty much hooked from the beginning. I really enjoyed reading about Hannah and Garrett, and how their tutoring sessions lead to them being friends, to being more, while also dealing with the deal, that in trade for the tutoring, that they pretend to date. Of course they were going to fall in love!

But wow did I love their bickering! They both have positions of power, because of his need for tutoring and hers to catch the interest of her crush. But that doesn't mean that they got along smoothly, and I just loved their interactions and their banter! Lots of quick wit, and I just love that!

There is more than school and romance going on in their lives, he's got hockey, as well as his famous dad who we kept getting suspicious thoughts about, until we got the full story. I really enjoyed how things played out! I'm so glad that the truth came out, and that a way to navigate out of the threats that their relationship faced was there for them to take! 

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait to continue the series! 

Author: Elle Kennedy 
Series: Off-Campus #1
Read: December 18th, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book! 
Publisher: Elle Kennedy Inc.
Published: February 24th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!