Saturday, December 4, 2021

Week 48 Review: Conceal, Don't Feel

From Goodreads:
What if Anna and Elsa never knew each other?
When a magical accident erases Anna and Elsa's memories not only of magic, but of each other the sisters are separated for protection. But when Elsa unexpectedly finds herself as a young queen mysterious magic begins to happen and questions of her past start to form. Will the sisters ever be reunited? 

My Review:
This was a really fun read! This is the first of the Twisted Tales that tackles a more modern Disney tale, the one that has a lot of attention on it. I'm really glad that we did get to get Anna and Elsa's story, with a twist of course! 

My main question throughout this book was why they didn't remember each other. And that reason had a few different consequences then the movie, but similar story beats, like Elsa creating her ice palace on the mountain, Hans confronting her there. There were some changes, but the story was paced in a similar way to the movie.

I really enjoyed seeing what it was like for them to grow up without one another, their sisterly bond drives almost everything for this story, talking priority over the love interests, which was a really great addition when the movie first came out, and I loved to see how its absence played out in this book!

Really enjoyed how it ended, it was just so satisfying, with love and Hans ending up in the ocean. And the book had let us get to know a few more characters, like those at the castle, which made it all the more satisfying for Elsa and Anna's victory! 

This was a really great read, I had a great time reading it! 

Author: Jen Calonita
Series: Twisted Tales #8
Read: December 2nd, 2021
Source: Library
Reason Why: Love this series and her writing, and it's a 2021 Retelling Reading Challenge Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book!
Publisher: Disney 
Published: October 1st 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!