Saturday, December 18, 2021

Week 50 Review: Snowstorms & Sleigh Bells

From Goodreads:
It's a Victorian Christmas at Thorne Manor, and Rosalind Courtenay is staying far, far away from the door that leads to the twenty-first century. It took her four years to get back home, and she's never going near the time stitch again. But her five-year-old son has other plans, and Rosalind finds herself plunged back into the modern world, where she decides to face her fears and give her family the holiday gift of a lifetime. Once again, Fate has other ideas, sending a blizzard to derail Rosalind's cautious planning and toss them all into a whirlwind of savage snowstorms, spectral sleigh bells and, perhaps, a Christmas ghost or two.

My Review:
I had a really great time reading this novella! I love this series, and this latest Christmas story was a lot of fun to read, I loved spending this time with Rosalind and her family, with a modern day Christmas! It was cozy and a little scary, and a Christmas to remember! 

Rosalind doesn't want to call her experience of being stuck in the 21st century trauma, but she did go through an experience that took her away from her family, leaving them to fear the worse. Just because she's now back with them doesn't mean that she's okay, because she hasn't dealt with it. Well, she deals with it now because her son crosses through the stitch. I loved the ensuing adventure and how she does start to face her demons! 

Watching her introduce her husband and her son to a her Jewish heritage, modern day Christmas, and to cars-was so heartwarming to read! Kelley Armstrong's heroines are always smart and logical and usually not the type to panic in a unsettling situation, and Rosalind proves that again in this story!

I loved how this boo introduces the next full length book that stars Rosalind's sister, and I'm really excited to read her story, because the synopsis (and the first chapter excerpt at the back of this book) tell us that she goes back in time, not forward, and that's going to be so much fun to read! 

This was a really great read, and I can't wait to continue the series! 

Author: Kelley Armstrong 
Series: A Stitch in Time #2.5
Read: December 12th, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Historical Fiction 2021 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Kla Fricke Inc
Published: December 7th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!