Saturday, December 18, 2021

Week 50 Reviews: In the Study With the Wrench, In the Ballroom With the Candlestick


From Goodreads:
In the aftermath of Headmaster Boddy's murder, Blackbrook Academy has been thrown into complete disarray. Half the student body hasn't bothered to return to campus—but those who have include Orchid, Vaughn, Scarlett, Peacock, Plum, and Mustard, now warily referred to by the other students as the Murder Crew.

When another staff member is found dead and an anonymous threat begins to target the group, each of the teens' opportunistic reasons for sticking around come to light. Orchid's identity comes under question while Vaughn's family life takes a turn; Finn and Mustard grow closer; and Scarlett and Beth struggle to turn over new leaves.

All of this comes to a dramatic head at Tudor House with a cliff-hanger... 

The dramatic and deadly conclusion to the thrilling YA mystery series inspired by the classic board game, CLUE!

After a tragic accident that forever changed the lives of the Murder Crew—killing one of their own—the students at Blackbrook Academy are just trying to get by. As relationships evolve, strain, and break, Orchid, Green, Scarlett, Mustard, Plum, and Peacock find themselves lost. When the dark secret at the heart of Blackbrook forces its way into their lives, and another suspicious death drives the school into chaos, differences will have to be put aside if anyone expects to survive until the most dramatic prom of all time.

My Review:
I had a great time reading the rest of this series! I really enjoyed the first one, and it was really great to hang out with these characters as they deal with all this death at their school! They were both such great books to read!

I loved how this series built upon itself. With the Murder Crew dealing with the notoriety of the first book, and then dealing with the events of the second. And with this large cast of characters, there's a lot to keep track of, and juggling storylines and I loved how all of them interacted with the mysteries! 

I really love the board game Clue, but one of my most favourite and quotable movies is Clue, the 1985 version. So I loved that one easter egg that I caught (there could be more that I didn't) of the band, Singing Telegrams that Scarlett got for the prom. One of my favourite lines from the movie is "I am your singing telegram!" BANG, she's shot, there's a video of it here. Oh, and I was in a video of quotable lines from the movie, and one was the whole kill her in public conversation, though Orchid isn't Mrs. White from the movie as we have a Mrs. White in the books.  

One thing that I really loved about the last book, was that there were multiple endings, just like the movie that I love so much! And that leads me to a question, because in the final, true ending, a truth came out, and I'm wondering if it's true for the other two endings...

I really enjoyed reading this series, and I'm really glad that I did read it and that it exists! 

Author: Diana Peterfruend
Series: Clue Mystery #2, 3
Read: December 16th, 17th, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing so much and the first book, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Books and WoW Books, and In the Ballroom With the Candlestick is a End of Series 2021 Book! 
Publisher: Amulet Books
Published: October 13th 2020, November 2nd 2021

In the Study With the Wrench: 
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








In the Ballroom With the Candlestick: 
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!