Saturday, April 2, 2022

Week 13 Review: No Gravestone Left Unturned

From Goodreads:
She suspects everyone of everything. Now, everyone suspects her.

For cemetery owner and world's best fur-mom Jane Ladling, death is her business, romance is her misfortune and suspicion is her passion. When she discovers a fresh body on her porch, she calls Special Agent Conrad Ryan, her smoke-show of a boyfriend. Who isn't actually her boyfriend. Whatever. It's complicated, especially now that she's being framed for the murder of the only "hard-hitting" journalist in the small town of Aurelian Hills, Georgia.

Determined to clear her good name, Jane dives headlong into following the clues––with best friends Fiona and Beau at her side. But can she identify the killer before she goes to jail? Or worse…there's another victim?

My Review:
Of course I loved reading this book! I love Gena Showalter's writing so much, and the first book was fantastic, and I had to read this one! Of course Jane as hysterically funny to read about, the way her brain works, watching her investigate this mystery!

In this case, Jane is a suspect, which did change up the dynamics. I loved how that went about, that it started because of Jane being high on a weed, and kept leaving her voicemails. Another fun moment was where she insists she gets arrested for reckless driving. It was absolutely hilarious! 

The possible suspects in this case were fairly endless, given that the victim was a reporter. And Jane wildly vacillated on who she thought was the most suspect of the group. It was a lot of fun to watch her group join the speed dating! 

The way all the clues that they'd uncovered came together was pretty great. I mean, they did use the same gambit of a party to bring everyone together that they did in the first, but catching this bad guy was really great!

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait for book 3! 

Authors: Gena Showalter and Jill Monroe 
Series: A Jane Ladling Mystery #1
Read: March 28th, 2022
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: I love their writing and the first book, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Author Talk Media LLC
Published: March 28th 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!